Roadhawk HD Initial Impressions

Yes I got my local car dealership to install the wiring so it can not be seen. They did the front for the Backvue DR500GW including the Power Magic Pro and the back for the Roadhawk HD. However I am thinking now getting a Backvue DR500 for the rear now. Currently I have a GoPro 3+ at the front and the Backvue DR500GW at the rear. In trying to eliminate the cracking noise I did try the power cable and connect this to a power socket in the boot, but this did nit make any crackling any better. The hardware is now powering the Backvue DR500GW without any sound issues.

I've been using the Roadhawk HD for a about 5 months and everything works as it should. More than happy with the video capture. I have mine mounted with the optional suction cup so that I can remove it from my car at night.
The software could be a little better but even with that it works just fine. I'm more than happy with it.

Yes, 3,000 miles later mine works perfectly....I actually just forget that it is there.....just silently does its thing...

Hi Cyb3rDud3, I noticed that you've installed the Roadhawk in your new mk7 Golf R (very nice:)). I've been using a mini 0803 for a while now and I very much like the look of the Roadhawk.
I have a mk7 Golf GT, so I'd be very interested in how you've connected your camera, is it hard wired ?
I've run my cable back to the socket in the boot, and managed to hide most of it under the trim.

PS. I reckon that video is in Hemel! I say that as I'm in Tring;)

Hey @SteveJ :)

Yes you are correct, that was in Hemel Hempstead. I'm in Whipsnade by the wild animal park so not far away at all. What I've done is mount it just left from the rear view mirror housing, neither myself nor my passengers notice it. I then pushed the wiring up in the headlining and directed it towards the offside A pillar. From there I pushed it in an run it down by the window, through the side of the dashboard, drop to underneath, and have it come out by the gear lever and I plugged it in there. It is a switched socket so comes on/off with the car.

Happy to meet up as you are around the corner and you can see it if you like? And appreciate each others nice cars :)

Thanks @Cyb3rDud3 :)
I must admit I'm quite happy with my 0803 at present, but if I do decide to upgrade to the Roadhawk (a little pricey for me at the 'mo), I'll maybe take you up on the offer :)

Steve

Back