Mobius B (1.20 Low light) vs G90 (r441MP - HDR on) vs LS460W (EV-2) - Day

To be honest the Hoya HD CPL filter seems ok to be left on at night time (this video was with EV set to minus 1 as well):

The nice thing about about the Mobius is the ability to increase the saturation in the GUI if more vibrant colors are desired. I usually leave it at the default but maybe I will experiment with it to see if it might increase plate recognition.
I need to try again with firmware 0.59 as that seems to look much better in the daytime tbh. Like you say you can totally tweak these to your liking though which is half the fun of it :)

Yes, G90 has natural looking video and very crisp.
May be you can do comparison of G90 against Panorama. ;)

Yes, but even a slight angle changes light and reflection.
Same screenshot few milliseconds before and after also makes a license plate look different.
I actually picked that one as the G90 just turned into mush at that point and couldn't handle it at all and totally missed the plate in every frame - I'm just uploading that raw footage now. It looks like it turned the exposure up due to the darkened scene and mixed with the noise reduction of the grille and the complexity of the trees for the compression algorithm it just lost the detail.

Here we go:
https://mega.co.nz/#!wJsBCaJD!k9vOJ5Z37FpWlSA7B-QI-LFUAnHm8d3DUUot3A2rVVQ

I've got to admit I'm really seeing the benefits of running two totally different cameras at the same time as one might miss the details you need whereas the other is ok - at this rate I'll be gluing the Mobius to the bottom of whatever main cam I decide to run up front :)

I don't like messing with any settings as eventually you'll get bored of it - hopefully at some point we'll see some code which evaluates every time the file loops how dark it is via the CMOS and applies the relevant settings for that time of day - ie HDR on or off automatically when it's dark or light!

Also the LS460W is darker because it has the exposure turned down two notches and the Mobius makes things look further away because I took screenshots at the exact same location to highlight the differences in the lenses :)

Last edited:
G90: Great details on the left trees/shrubs. LS460 is darker but not too bad.
23-g90-jpg.7381

Mobius: Trees/shrubs are horribly dark, I mean completely black.
Looks like it can't handle contrasting exposure.
May be this is just the way it came out in this one screenshot but it looks bad.
23-mobius-jpg.7383

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it needs angling down more mate - it is quite surprising how much difference getting the angle right can make! I was having a play the other day and just having the angle wrong was like changing the exposure a couple of times. Looking forward to getting the proper mounts this week and having a play.

Also those two pics show the HDR at work in the G90 - this is the sort of situation it is supposed to help in given the limited dynamic range of that OV sensor and it works :)

Need to try a VBR firmware on the G90 as in theory that should help - just not sure how stable long term it would be.

Last edited:
Yeah it needs angling down more mate - it is quite surprising how much difference getting the angle right can make! I was having a play the other day and just having the angle wrong was like changing the exposure a couple of times. Looking forward to getting the proper mounts this week and having a play.

Also those two pics show the HDR at work in the G90 - this is the sort of situation it is supposed to help in given the limited dynamic range of that OV sensor and it works :)

Need to try a VBR firmware on the G90 as in theory that should help - just not sure how stable long term it would be.

I found daytime video cleaner without HDR.

Yes, angle makes huge difference.
G90 does work better in contrasting lights.
I had G1WH and G90 against sunlight and G1WH was washed out completely by the Sun while G90 was still able to get much better video even with HDR off.

BTW, I also noticed lower quality on G90 after parking outside all day but I think it was fixed after driving little bit.

Back