Video preview of my "4 Channel" Blackvue 550/650 setup

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is a quick video I made to show how I set it up. plan on doing a full in depth video on it soon but working on my dr650gw-2ch unboxing/first impressions video first.

Original Post:

So I was debating doing this for awhile, and decided tonight to test out putting my rear camera in my driver side door. wired the cord under the water proofing rubber, and in my drivers door top corner. ended up looking like this:

UWphLYE.jpg

excuse the dust, my car is very dirty right now. it also looks really bright because of the flash and over head garage light.

so the plan is to put the 650 in front, 550 in back, with each rear camera in the side windows.

im sure everyone will tell me how dumb I am for getting another blackvue... but i like them and their form factor and features.

so hopefully in the next few weeks I can show you how it goes, plus footage.

Last edited:
how have you mounted that thing solidly?

about 2/3 to 3/4 of if is sticking to a flat metal part of the door. so a little of the mount is not on the frame but with the clear 3M adhesive it holds it on strongly. extreme heat and cold me affect that but time will tell. i can tug on it pretty firmly and it does not start to peel or anything.

here is a picture from the back.

Attachments

• IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 41
still cant see properly, is that stuck to something solid there? im trying to work out a way to mount mine to the back window area as its too obvious on the window itself as its got no black dots to disguise it.

sorry i just happened to take that pic and it was what i had uploaded. i will show a pic from the under side tomorrow when i can get a shot in the day light.

Sweet! Now all you need is some software to stitch it all together into a 360 degree video.

Back