DR550GW Issues

Bruno28

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello,

SO my rear camera is mounted on the boot door (hatch), when ever I open and close the boot it disconnects.
Even if I just touch the cable it turns the rear camera off. And lately its not even turning off.
have a look at video.

Anyone had any issues like this on the blackvue? Or know how to fix?

I tried contacting pittasoft, and they tell me to contact the seller. I contact the seller and he tells me to contact pittasoft :(

from what I have read on this forum its pretty normal.

It is not normal. My used 550 for more than 5 months and have connected/disconnected several times (to test interference issue) and the never had this problem. Unless the cable was pulled out fully, the camera remained on.

Please take the cable out and check if the thin pin inside the connector is broken/bent. It is very fragile.

Is there a solution to this?
The pins are all intact, nothing broken from both ends.

I had the same problem with rear camera cutting out and need reboot from the front camera socket from day one. I believe the rear plug was damaged during installation. I could see the plug has a brass/gold leaf missing. The dealer and distributor worked together and replaced my unit and cable. Problem solved. So I don't know its the camera or cable issue. I would carefully examine the plug for the rear camera

I would carefully examine the plug for the rear camera

Details here: http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=223.0

kiss_178kb.1410699225.png

Back