Wi-Fi won't remember password.

ADI-Mike

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently installed the Blackvue DR650GW. Why do I have to input the wi-fi password every time I want to connect? Under wi-fi settings, I have Wi-Fi enabled. When asked if I want to keep current Wi-Fi connection information, I click OK (see image) yet I have to enter the wi-fi password every time I connect. Is this normal or have I missed something? Any help would be appreciated - thanks!2014-09-18 22.39.34.png

it is not normal

Have you re-booted the camera after changing the settings? You should get a prompt telling you to do so. I get that every time I connect to the camera in my wife's car, then try to connect to the camera in my car.

Thanks for your replies guys. I do get a prompt to reboot but even after doing so, I still have to input the password. :( Thanks anyway!

Thanks for your replies guys. I do get a prompt to reboot but even after doing so, I still have to input the password. :( Thanks anyway!
Are you talking about putting in the password in the app? I'm having the same problem with the android app. It asks if I want to save password, I say yes, next time I have to put in the 8 digit password again. A pain. The password in the camera doesn't change, it's just that the app forgets it. This is for a DR500-GW-HD but I assume the app is the same. The phone is a Samsung G3.
I too would like a solution if anyone else has come across this issue.

Are you talking about putting in the password in the app?

Yes I am. I'm using the DR650GW and a Samsung Samsung Galaxy Tab S with the latest Blackvue app 2.31-HD-E and unless we are doing something wrong, we should surely expect it to at least OFFER to remember the password without incessantly asking for it to be entered every time we want to use the app, should we???? ARGGGGHHH! Come on Blackvue (if you're seeing this) , help us out here .... please!!!!

Back