No files showing up

Nina

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR500-HD
I just purchased a new blackvue dr500-hd and ran it for the first day. The blackvue said it was recording and it had a slows blinking amber light. I installed the blackvue on. My laptop to view the video. I put the SD card in the thumb drive and attached it to my laptop, opened blackvue and no files to be found anywhere. Is there a step I am missing or what else could be wrong?

format the card and try again.

I just purchased a new blackvue dr500-hd and ran it for the first day. The blackvue said it was recording and it had a slows blinking amber light. I installed the blackvue on. My laptop to view the video. I put the SD card in the thumb drive and attached it to my laptop, opened blackvue and no files to be found anywhere. Is there a step I am missing or what else could be wrong?

There should have been a folder titled Blackvue and in it one called Record The video files are in that.

Did the camera say anything other than starting normal recording and did you set it all up with your preferences once you had installed it in the camera

Yes, the camera initially said formatting disc. I set up my preferences the first night when I tried to find the files. I will try to format the card again this morning and see if that helps.

Yes, the camera initially said formatting disc. I set up my preferences the first night when I tried to find the files. I will try to format the card again this morning and see if that helps.
If the camera is brand new all you have to do is put the card in the camera and wait for it to INITIALISE the BLACKVUE. Then after it has started normal recording shut it down and take the card out and set the preferences.

In a new camera the software is IN THE CAMERA and when it starts it puts the required files onto the card NOT the other way around. It only does that when you upgrade the firmware. Try that and see what happens.

If you have formatted on a PC there is no need to do it in the camera.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F DR500GW-HD 9
A DR500GW-HD 7
Back