I'm ready to give up!

ADI-Mike

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just purchased a new SanDisk Ultra 64GB Micro SD for my BlackVue DR650GW. I've formatted it using SDFormatter v.4.0 and downloaded the firmware for it as below.

(Title: - 2CH_v1.000E(2014.07.15)_Windows ( click)
Description: Blackvue DR650GW-2CH English Firmware v1.000E for Windows
Size: 52 MB.

I've dragged the Blackview folder to the new Micro SD (as instructed in the but every time I insert it into the DR650GW it repeatedly says "Please check the SD card".

I'm now exasperated! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Anyone help please?

try to format Micro SD in FAT32 using the program guiformat

Sorry alexsoll - I just formatted it using guiformat and then dragged the Blackvue folder to it but it's still telling me to 'Please check the SD card.' Can you confirm I'm using the correct firmware as below? - Thanks!

(Title: - 2CH_v1.000E(2014.07.15)_Windows( click)
Description: Blackvue DR650GW-2CH English Firmware v1.000E for Windows
Size: 52 MB.

INSERT a BLANK (clean) MEMORY CARD, turn on the Blackvue, what happens?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! You're a genius alexsoll! Thank you, thank, you thank you!! Whilst I've been determined to add the Blackvue folder to the card, it was happier without it! Thank goodness I found you and this website! ... I'll sleep easy tonight (can you see the big smile on my face? :) )

Forever grateful!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! You're a genius alexsoll! Thank you, thank, you thank you!! Whilst I've been determined to add the Blackvue folder to the card, it was happier without it! Thank goodness I found you and this website! ... I'll sleep easy tonight (can you see the big smile on my face? :) )

Forever grateful!

Excellent! ;)

I had issues with my 64gb sandisk recording choppy video for some reason but when I popped in a transcend it worked perfectly.

Thanks to Alexsoll, all is now working well, but thanks for your reply, pizzaengineer!

It isnt entirely clear in instructions but when u get a new camera the software is IN THE CAMERA and you only need the blank card . The camera then loads the required files onto the card.
Only time you should need software on a card is if you are upgrading the firmware.
Probably if its the same version it wont like it.

Yes, I was confused - it suggests on almost every set of instructions that the Blackvue folder should be copied to the formatted card but I suspect after Alexsoll's kind and accurate advice, it was that folder that was causing the problem in the first place, hence the title I gave this thread!

I had issues with my 64gb sandisk recording choppy video for some reason but when I popped in a transcend it worked perfectly.

Are there known issues with Sandisk Ultra? I'd looked at transfer rates and thought the Sandisk sounded good. Is there a recommended 64GB card for DR650GW?

Are there known issues with Sandisk Ultra? I'd looked at transfer rates and thought the Sandisk sounded good. Is there a recommended 64GB card for DR650GW?
It might have been just how I formated it but other users said their transcend worked fine so I tried one and formated it in fat32 with gui format and it has worked fine. I haven't tried the sandisk with gui format.

Back