Want to purchase 1st DashCam

One of my cams is the pano g. For a single dashcam it's the best out. Overall build quality, devs are members of this forum, Unit gets firmware updates and the vendor has very good customer service.

I am assuming the more expensive the better - I don't want to spend over $500 - I really just want one that protects him and that has rechargeable batteries so that there are no Cables dangling in the dash - I would want something that is HD and Night Vision and that I can put a 64GB Card in. Hopefully this helps! Thank you GJHS
Price, in my opinion isn't the say all. In my case, the Mobius works best for me. When I first bought my dash cam, it was because I lived in an environment where hit and runs were the norm and being able to prove what happened against lies was important. With that said, smash and grabs were also common and people knowing you had a camera I was told could get you in trouble. So an excellent reliable camera, the size of a tic tac box, that has good sharp video day and night yet looks cheap on the outside and is easily hidden was important. People have looked and didn't see it and the ones who did, didn't know what it was, so perfect. The Mobius is the best small discreet camera in my opinion. Number 2 would be the A118/B40 with a screen yet not as good day/night performance as the Mobius.

The Pano G, while great is too big for me and looks too expensive. With your budget, if size doesn't matter nor worry of someone breaking into the truck to steal it doesn't matter then the Panorama for around $250 can't be beat. It has excellent day and night video, has an excellent motion detect mode for recording while parked, GPS, is reliable and has great support.

As everyone has said wiring the camera, though it sounds complicated, is easy and hidden so not an issue. Either way nothing is seen because the wires are hidden. Wiring will take care of the most important part of the camera: hands off operation. When you start the truck the camera turns on and starts recording and when you turn off the truck the camera turns off. Batteries are useful yet not a good solution and will make too much work which may stop continued use. You have a big budget so use the savings on the camera to get it hard wired to the trucks fuse box if cigarette adapters are messy.

Keep in mind that a 32gb card will give you about 4 hours of recording before looping, so 64gb would be 8 hours which is a long long time. Hope this helps

For charging purposes alone, no problem. For changing settings and viewing video, not recommended.
For future Mobius questions, please try to post in the Mobius Support Thread so we can keep a single location for people to search and ask.

It will take awhile on a PC to charge; best to charge it completely the first time.

So the best way is for me to plug the USB cord into the car charger? And leave it in there for ~ 3 hrs? And will do!

Or any mini usb phone charger

Back