£100-£200 ($150-$300) Budget Beginner help needed

George Pinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've been thinking about getting a Dash Cam for my new car after several of my friends cars have been dinged at our place of work car park, with all of them being hit and runs. Our work place takes no responsibility so I've had to take matters into my own hands.

I've been looking at a few cams, namely the Blacksys CF-100 or the Blackvue DR650GW. I don't really understand the battery systems for them though, i'm keen to use them for their parking functions but what will this require in terms of accessories/extra batteries?

Is there a camera that uses little power with a good motion sensor & self contained battery, or has a decent enough motion sensor not to drain the battery if powered by the car's?

Thanks in advance

George

CF-100 is one of the best value for money for 1080p + 720p dashcam system with pre-buffer motion detection recording, if the front camera form-factor is suitabke for you. It is sold on anazon.co.uk for 59£ now. The onlt thing you need to buy is BDP ( battery discharge prevention device ).

Before you go further with the dash cam, it is better for you to understand the functions first.

Like the parking mode, it requires you to hardwire the dash cam to the fuse box in order to provide battery to the cam, if you plug into the cigarette lighter, there will be no power supply after your engine is off.

After that, you will need to know which kind of dash cam is the best in parking mode. Please read more review about each brand for which is the best. Friendly reminder, Blackvue is not that good in parking mode comparing to the other korean brand, just a lovely small dash cam for driving recording.

For the battery problem, you should find dash cameras where they have a low voltage cut off, it is to make sure when the car battery reaches a low battery usage, the dash camera will cut off the power supply and doesn't take anymore of the power from the car battery. Prevent starting engine failure.

Back