£160k Bentley crashes at 85mph in quiet village

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
Terrifying dashcam footage shows the moment a £160k Bentley Continental GT hurtles through a quiet village at 85mph and smashes head-on into pensioner's car
Richard Plumb, 46, was driving a Bentley Continental GT at 85mph on a quiet village road
Plumb fled scene on foot but was traced by the blood left on the airbag of his car
He pleaded guilty to dangerous driving and failing to stop after a road accident
He was jailed for 14 months and banned from driving for four years and seven months

Blimey what a dick - he was well out of his depth at that speed and lucky he didn't kill someone.

People should have to pass another test to drive higher power cars like that.

I hope his mate got sent down too - this snippet from the Daily Mail article from the car that was hit:

'In fact the other driver was more seriously injured, he'd left blood all over his airbag. He climbed out of the driver's side window, called a friend who arrived a few minutes later in another car and they drove off. '

Nooooooo :eek:

Stolen car, or highly incompetent driver that earned the money to pay for the car in a manner not far from stealing ( too easy money )

Seem like the guy will not win this years ( or any other year ) stand up guy award :giggle:

Jesus , what a twat , high powered cars have to be driven with the utmost discipline and respect of their potential .

Mashing the accelerator to the floor in a 1.2 Corsa is completely different to a full throttle Bentley .

I almost put a Daimler Double six sideways into a sign in the mid 90ties, it had like 3 km on the clock, lucky it dident happen and some one eventually got that nice car.
Had i ruined it to this day it would occasionally pop up and ruin my sleep, just like all failures and stupid ideas of mine have and still do to this day.

Don't know what about the other driver leaving the scene, but perhaps his friend was taking him to get needed medical treatment. That makes the act permissible here (y)

Having been behind the wheel of some quick-accelerating powerful American hot-rods and Muscle cars (including pick-ups and vans) I too am of the mind that tiered licensing is needed when power levels go much past average ;) With that should go doubled penalties for speed-related offenses as a reminder that great power needs great responsibility to go along with it :cool: If someone wants a supercar but can't pass the test, they should be allowed a de-tuned version commiserate with their licensing; it's not like they can't afford to have the work done!

What many people over here don't know is that most cars sold in the US have computer programming limiting to speeds to somewhere around 100MPH. Most fast cars and bikes are also limited but to higher speeds. Most 'boy racer' types started with adding computer-chip performance as that's easy and cheap, and Mum has enough to get that done in her purse but not enough for the real hi-performance Mods :ROFLMAO:

Phil

certain levels of driving (drunk being an absolute) should result in a lifetime ban. Seriously, How the hell is it people can kill someone by using a car in a careless manner (I know he didn't die in this situation) and only get banned for something like 4 years??

What many people over here don't know is that most cars sold in the US have computer programming limiting to speeds to somewhere around 100MPH.

My 2006 Honda Accord 4 cylinder can go 140mph stock and I tried it once.

Banned for 4 years from driving ? WTF man !

I would have banned the puke for a minimum of 10 years ...
14 months jail - Minimum I hope !

As I've said before, it amazes me how some people can be so stupid and still afford a nice car.

a ban won't stop that kind of idiocy. he'll just use one of his other cars (someone who can afford a bentley probably doesn't have just one car) and go out and continue to be stupid.

maybe sitting in a small concrete room for a few years after being convicted of attempted murder would make him change his ways. probably not though...

a ban won't stop that kind of idiocy. he'll just use one of his other cars (someone who can afford a bentley probably doesn't have just one car) and go out and continue to be stupid.

maybe sitting in a small concrete room for a few years after being convicted of attempted murder would make him change his ways. probably not though...
He will have to borrow someone else's car since all his will now be on the national ANPR system. If he uses one of his own then his destination will be back in jail.

Back