¿Good dual dash cam?¿Better 2 independent cams? 150-200$ USD

eR_TRoMPe

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello:

I open this post because I can not decide. I am in doubt,I want to mount a front camera and a rear camera, but I do not know if with my budget (150-200 $USD) I can opt for a dual camera or I must buy two independent cameras.
I tell you a little about my situation. I live in a city where the summer lasts 5 months, and the usual temperature is 35-40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees fahrenheit), so you can imagine the temperature in the sun (every year on television do a report where they break an egg on the asphalt and this is cooked in a short time), so the subject of the internal battery I discard it and I need to incorporate capacitor. I am looking for a good quality image, mainly in the front camera, both day and night, in the rear camera I need a decent quality, enough to be able to identify a license plate a few meters away. Regarding the GPS, although it is something that is not essential to me, if it is something that would complement the pack. I am interested in having parking mode, preferably with 1fps timelapse (the installation with hardwire kit is not a problem) and that has motion detection and sensor g so that in case the situation requires it, apart from the timelapse record a video of a short Period of time to good quality. I also find it very useful to have an external button (wireless or cable) to take photos.
Now that you know my situation, I comment the options that I have shuffled (without having knowledge in the matter)

Dual systems:
- Ddpai M6 plus + Ddpai mini: I really like this kit for everything it offers, but the theme of the battery instead of the capacitor is scary
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...WIFI-Car-DVR-Recorder/513625_32796243766.html

- Koonlung K1S: I find the outstanding quality of the video very striking, but we return to the subject of the battery instead of the enabler
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-and-Upgrade-Version/2309080_32754610836.html

- Mini 0906 dual: I find it very striking because of its small size, it has a capacitor, but it is not clear to me how the parking mode works, besides that it is not very well whether or not to rely on the seller, I have read in this forum that this Camera is in tests right now, only for beta testers and for that reason I believe many doubts, but the price and what brings the pack more complete incites me to its purchase
https://aliexpress.com/s/item/32810643073.html

If you know of a dual pack that complies with what I request, I would appreciate your help.

Now, the second option, is to mount two independent cameras. For this option, I also drill several models.
- Viofo A119 / A119S: of this model I do not have much to say, it is contrasted that it is a good camera for the price that it has, although it would lack the photography button. Otherwise, between 119 and 119S, I know that the 119s have better quality but I have also read that there are more cases of problems.

- Junsun H030: good picture quality, capacitor, pparking mode, forography button, wifi ...

- Ddpai mini: https://aliexpress.com/s/item/32628660317.html

- Ddpai mini2k: https://aliexpress.com/s/item/32792094635.html

- Mini 0903

- Mini 0806s

- Mini 0805

Well, I hope you can help me decide, at least, knowing which one or which can offer me quality and above all safety, since the subject of temperature is what most worries me, since I do not want to get to the car one day and find myself Because of the camera my **** has burned. Thank you

Yes avoid battery based dashcam products

Don't bother with K1S

Don't buy 0906 yet, they are selling prototypes on that listing, production model isn't shipping yet

Maybe check out the new SG9663DC shipping in July

Yes avoid battery based dashcam products

Don't bother with K1S

Don't buy 0906 yet, they are selling prototypes on that listing, production model isn't shipping yet

Maybe check out the new SG9663DC shipping in July
500 $USD??? Maybe when i win a lotto...

right now considering your budget and requirement you're probably better to look at two individual cameras rather than a dual camera setup

The SG9665GC has a good reputation handling high heat but not sure about the features it has. Not cheap but worth it's cost. The original Mobius handles high heat well too when you use supercaps instead of battery. It has a time-lapse feature but no real parking mode and it doesn't do well at night. It can record continuously with total reliability. It is also more complicated to set up and use than most cams. Relatively cheap and good value for what it does and it's tiny size makes for a good rear cam. The A119 series cams have had some issues but almost all of them have been worked out with the V2 models and it is still being developed further so it is worth considering too. A very good value for it's price. The Mini series cams have had spotty factory support.

At this price level you will do best with separate cams. It may be a problem switching the rear cam between driving and parking modes and also when checking the SD cards. A Mobius recording continuously in back coupled with a cam in front that shows you what time an event happened while parked would make a good solution. I would suggest getting a good front cam first, then saving money longer to get a Mobius for the rear. It's impossible to get 2 really good cams for $150 though there are some cheaper choices which may do OK if there is no way to spend a little more for quality. No dual cams in this price range are worth considering with the hot climate you are in.

Phil

koonlung k1s was rebranded but not sure if any internals were changed, I've heard of more faulty ones than non-faulty ones with the k1s.

The downside of having separate cams for front and rear is not being able to reach the manual-save button if you capture an event while driving, unless you're in a single-cab pick-up where the rear cam will literally be by your shoulder

koonlung k1s was rebranded but not sure if any internals were changed, I've heard of more faulty ones than non-faulty ones with the k1s.

The downside of having separate cams for front and rear is not being able to reach the manual-save button if you capture an event while driving, unless you're in a single-cab pick-up where the rear cam will literally be by your shoulder
I liked the videos I've seen on youtube, but I've also read quite a few cases of problems and seen quite a few videos with problems, a pity, because if it worked well it would have been a burna option (since the switchboard with the ppdrís battery stay Hidden in an area where there is never direct sun, even in the spare wheel gap with a fan)

I know that this problem I will have in case of mounting two separate cameras, but maybe if I choose the same model for the 2, I can link the same button for the two, is what I have to look for information. Anyway, in case it does not work, I would not be problematic to have the two wireless buttons side by side (for example with a ddpai m6 plus and a ddpai mini 2k)

I liked the videos I've seen on youtube, but I've also read quite a few cases of problems and seen quite a few videos with problems, a pity, because if it worked well it would have been a burna option (since the switchboard with the ppdrís battery stay Hidden in an area where there is never direct sun, even in the spare wheel gap with a fan)

the K1S has probably the poorest video of any model you've been considering so if you're happy with that then any of the others should make you very happy

the K1S has probably the poorest video of any model you've been considering so if you're happy with that then any of the others should make you very happy
Your comment has made me re-think 2 things:
1. watch the videos of youtube from the computer and not from the smartphone
2. search for real videos of the cameras in download, uploaded to servers and not to YouTube so you can compare well.
I would plan a third that is to review my eyes, but perhaps better than that, now that I have ruled out buying a dual dash cam, is to focus on independent models and apply steps 1 and 2 that I just comment. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi guys! I have seen that in the month of July will go on sale the definitive version of the mini 0906, sale to the public, no beta version. Do you think it's a good idea to wait? I do not mind waiting a month, if with this I get a dual system that facilitates things instead of two separate cameras, plus a good price. What is your opinion? Thank you

Hi guys! I have seen that in the month of July will go on sale the definitive version of the mini 0906, sale to the public, no beta version. Do you think it's a good idea to wait? I do not mind waiting a month, if with this I get a dual system that facilitates things instead of two separate cameras, plus a good price. What is your opinion? Thank you

Video quality is good, both front and rear. Reliability could be a hit or a miss, their track record doesn't inspire confidence..

Video quality is good, both front and rear. Reliability could be a hit or a miss, their track record doesn't inspire confidence..
What do you mean by "track record"?. The translation of google does not give me a clear idea of what you want to say me. Thank you

What do you mean by "track record"?. The translation of google does not give me a clear idea of what you want to say me. Thank you
What he is saying is their history of providing reliable products is not the best.

Ohh, that's ok. It's a shame that there are so many problems. Are there chances of success? I mean if a camera of these is a lottery, it goes well or it goes wrong, or sooner or later the system fails. If I could I would love to be able to enjoy a quality equipment that meets all the requirements and offers a guarantee more than reputed, but this implies a considerable expense of money that I can not afford, that is why I insist so much on this system, I hope don't disturb you my insistence

Ohh, that's ok. It's a shame that there are so many problems. Are there chances of success? I mean if a camera of these is a lottery, it goes well or it goes wrong, or sooner or later the system fails. If I could I would love to be able to enjoy a quality equipment that meets all the requirements and offers a guarantee more than reputed, but this implies a considerable expense of money that I can not afford, that is why I insist so much on this system, I hope don't disturb you my insistence

best idea is perhaps don't buy a new models as soon as it is released, just wait a bit until you see the feedback from real users

"Track record" in this context means "reputation" :)

As your budget please considering Koonlung A1 too. It stable Full HD dual camera. Wifi built-in and GPS support.

Mobile app they use MioCam to connect the camera via WiFi. This app is not perfect but able to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As your budget please considering Koonlung A1 too. It stable Full HD dual camera. Wifi built-in and GPS support.

Mobile app they use MioCam to connect the camera via WiFi. This app is not perfect but able to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much but i need without lithium battery, only with capacitor. Really hot summer in my city. I have come to the conclusion of discarding all that use battery, for the safety of my car. Even the one that did not have anything would not even care since my intention is to use hardwire kit

Back