“Bike Bro” dual system by Nortek

teddyc1

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Anyone had any experience with this dual camera setup?
For motorcycles they point out that usb connectors are designed for indoor use, not for the rigors and vibration on the road. So they use better connectors that are waterproof.

Not much info out there, so I thought I would ask here if anyone has had experience with this company which has been around a few decades at least.

http://www.nortek.co.uk/bike-bro-dual-camera-motorcycle-dvr/

Teddy

Footage dont look good, actually it look like old school TV resolutions.

Ah. So maybe it’s only 720p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. estore009 kindly sent me a PM, and said they have options which are better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132306287266
Above, it appears that the DV188 is 720p front and back. Interpolated, or real?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/253207495429
This M6 above is 1080p front and 720p back. Interpolated, I don't know.

Searching the forum and the web for "M6" doesn't work because it's too simple of a name.

Either way estore does say that these options would be better for motorbike than the 0906. Probably due mainly to the waterproof issue but there may be other reasons.

The eBay links don't seem to work on mobile, will have a look when I'm back in front of the computer

Cool. estore009 kindly sent me a PM, and said they have options which are better.

Searching the forum and the web for "M6" doesn't work because it's too simple of a name.

Either way estore does say that these options would be better for motorbike than the 0906. Probably due mainly to the waterproof issue but there may be other reasons.
The 0906 isn't even dustproof and it is also not very rugged, definitely not suitable for motorbikes, it is a car camera.

The Gitup G3 might be an option, not fully waterproof when using dual sensors and external power, but you don't live in monsoon territory.
http://www.gitup.com/home/76-gitup-g3-duo-pro-packing.html

We don't see many proper motorbike cameras here, seems like the market is too small, or maybe the manufacturers are missing out...

Yes, I’m impressed with the G3 and the GitUp company has gotten good reports.

However here in Israel we have a rainy season (usually just sprinkles except for the occasional downpour) from December thru March.

Afaik, there's not much out there for motorcycle dual cams, the Sykik and Innovv K1 type things were disappointing to many people, the C5 is a new (as yet untested) option; besides, that, not much out there.

I've even strongly considered using 2 Mobius cams for separate front and back, but I just couldn't justify the prices for such ancient tech.

I really don't want a clunky GoPro style boxy case, I want something discreet, easy to hide, without removing too much from the bike when parked; otherwise even a taxi cam like Transcend 520 could maybe record front&back for a motorbike, if it was even durable enough, and of course if the rear camera could be angled well enough.

Last edited:
Yes, I’m impressed with the G3 and the GitUp company has gotten good reports.

However here in Israel we have a rainy season (usually just sprinkles except for the occasional downpour) from December thru March.

Using the "skeleton" case it will cope with the sprinkles, and you wont get good video in a downpour with a wet lens anyway, however for everyday use estore's suggestions look more suitable, even though they do appear to be analogue video, probably with zero chance of reading number plates.

What is analogue video? I thought all these were Digital video, what with DV in the model name and all.

Now this is odd: Amazon versions of the DV188 claim that it’s 1080p front and back, while estore ebay versions say 1080 front & 720 back.

Either something’s incorrect, or there are different versions being sold.

Maybe i need to give more thought to the GitUp G3, especially if that is more durable than the 0906.

Last edited:
What is analogue video - I thought all these were Digital video, what with DV in the model name and all.

Odd. Amazon versions of the DV188 claim that it’s 1080p front and back, while estore ebay versions say 1080 front & 720 back.

Either something’s incorrect or there are different versions being sold.

Maybe i need to give more thought to the GitUp G3, especially if that is more durable than the 0906.

The recording will be digital, but I am guessing that the communication from the cameras to the recorder is old fashioned analogue video, the DV188 may record front and back at 1080 Full HD, but the image quality is likely to be 720 or less. The mini 0906 and Gitup G3 both use digital communications from the rear sensor and the result is true Full HD resolution front and back, using sensors that are reasonably good in low light, the 0906 front sensor being very good in low light.

@teddyc1 you might want to look at Techmoan.com he has reviewed several dashcams in his car and on his motorcycle it might give you a clearer idea of what you might want to avoid ...Ipol

Thanks Ipol, you guys are super helpful. I’ve been checking techmoan’s reviews. They are excellent but he seemingly is giving it a break for awhile. No G3 there for example. Also, he likes helmet mount.

I got a wacky idea: clipon rearview mirror mount 2ch system, figure out some waterproof solution, and mount on my bike mirror? Those seem low-cost. Maybe a dumb idea, except the mount position would be great at the motorcycle mirror.

Last edited:
The G3 is only just about to release i think, i am sure it will get reviews soon.
I think you will find a motorcycle mirror to be pretty shakey, and so not a good place for a camera.

I think you will find a motorcycle mirror to be pretty shakey, and so not a good place for a camera.
There is also a problem of them all being rear view mirror instead of side mirror, so it is not going to fit unless your motorcycle looks like:

0.jpg

He did say it was a "wacky idea" :D

Haha how did you find my bike? Lol that looks like a combination between Mack truck and a ferris wheel ride ;-)

DV188 front and back cameras are 720p;
M6 front camera 1080p resolution,and back camera 720p resolution!
G3 comes with extra sleeve camera,and it is a better choice for motorbike application!

The Innov C5 seems to be decent or better based on the little I've seen about it. The control box does get very warm though and at least one owner damaged his bike from that.

There is still a need for a top-level bike cam system but it's one of the toughest environments to design for so I think that problem deters most cam manufacturers from trying to create it :(

Phil

Must have been something unusual about that one, I've had a C5 that I ran 24/7 for a month straight and it didn't get that warm

Can't find it but that was in a post here within the last few weeks. The owner had it mounted in an already-warm location where it apparently didn't get enough airflow to remain cool and it melted some plastic nearby :( Not many places to mount things on a bike- just one of the problems with designing things for them :whistle:

Phil

Back