0205 menu option setting display rotation? Where?

Bill Watson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All, first time posting.

I recently have started toying with firmware for my 0805 to see if I could get the menu option to rotate the display as the pdf for the 0805 clearly states "2.5.23 Setting Display Rotation".

I have loaded multiple firmware versions found here and there and no luck with that option. I have tried original factory to the latest one posted by user McGee dated October 10 by Eprance.

The only reason I need this option is I have mine mounted on a sticky pad on dashboard which I use in multiple vehicles and it is mounted with units mount on bottom. It works fine with the display rotated correctly but menus are upside down and also records upside down. I realize video can be edited to flip but what a pain in the butt and degrades quality when flipped and takes a while as I don't have a full video editing suite and don't want to either. I would prefer to empty SD card once a month and archive as is.

Anyone have working firmware for 0805 with one card and GPS that has the option that will flip menus as well as display and record upright on playback on PC?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
not sure what an 0205 is, the rotation option was in the 0806 as the mount could rotate enough to mount either way, not aware of any of the other models ever having this setting though

Registrator Viewer will flip the video during viewing and will save it flipped without any degradation.

As jokiin says, it is the 0806 that has the flip option.

Your GPS will not work well upside down anyway, best solution is to make it a bracket that goes over the top, then you can turn it the correct way up hanging from the bracket and you can have a foot either side which will be easier to stick to the dash. But don't cover the GPS with metal.

Yea..typo, Clearly meant MINI0805 and it does clearly state it in the pdf maual at 2.5.23 option . But, oh well...wrong selection on my part to believe the manual.

Thanks for the replies. Happy Thanksgiving.

Back