0801 Best firmware to upgrade to GPS?

koaleta

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I recently puchased this camera from Amazon: https://www.amazon.es/gp/B00IKEVS6IE-PRANCE Ambarella A2S60 1920x1080 A1080PGS801++8G (No GPS + 8Gb Card)

It works great and it has firmware 20140905 installed on it.

I have now purchased a mounting with GPS logger: (I also bought a 32Gb card on eBay, working fine)

I understand I need to upgrade the existing firmware to show GPS data on RegistratorViewer. (Right now it will not display it).

Where can I find the most suitable firmware?

By the way, what is the best option for "Time Stamp" on the main menu?

THANK YOU!!! :)

Hi,
the latest one with GPS seems to be 20140808 according to http://dc.p-mc.eu/0801/firmware
Have a look at the rating of these firmwares on that page as well.

Basically it should log GPS data after you add the GPS logger and update to a GPS-firmware.

Timestamp: first value is for timezone (spain = utc+1 therefore you have to set it to +1) the other values are date and time..

Cheers

Last edited:
Thank you Tobias! I will try it later :)

I downloaded the GPS +1 CARD firmware, installed it correctly, formatted card... but NO GPS data.
The GPS satellite icon does not appear on screen and the logs on card don't show any GPS position either.Frame.jpg

Either the firmware is wrong, or the website sent me a non-GPS mount by mistake.

What should I do? :(

Yes, it is set on OPEN
But nothing happens...

They look the same... how can I know?

you can open it up and you'll know for sure, from memory the GPS version weighs about 18 grams, the non GPS version about 6 grams

I don't have a precision scale... and before I open it up... I would like to try a different firmware. Can you send me a GPS + No Internal that works?

Try 20140308, it seems to be the most stable one. But I guess that it has something to do with your hardware. Maybe theres a wire missing in 0801 or the GPS mount is a stub

I have just installed 20140308 version. Apparently, with the same result. I just drove to work and did not see any GPS icon popping up. I guess I paid FoxOffer for a GPS mount and got a Non-GPS instead, and it is frustrating because it took weeks to arrive and I really doubt they will send another one... we will see.

Open it up (the GPS mount).
It could also be something wrong with your 0801. Maybe the wires are badly soldered.

It is very annoying to unstick the mount from the windshield and then put it back... the wires? who knows... I really think it is a mount without GPS. :(

It is very annoying to unstick the mount from the windshield and then put it back... the wires? who knows... I really think it is a mount without GPS. :(
Oh didnt think about this :/

This afternoon while I was driving, I heard the camera turning off. I had to turn it back on manually. After some minutes it stopped again.

I arrived home and read the card on my PC and... surprise!!!! GPS was working (not always), for some strange reason not all recordings had GPS log, and some recordings had missing video parts. Well, the thing is that the camera is not recording and overwriting when it's full.

Can someone suggest a firmware that will work? GPS + No internal

(At least I know the mount was not the problem now)

Thanks

Back