0801 mount with a 0803(5) ?

Reyalp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
E-Prance 0801 8Gb int. GPS + 0805 8bg int. GPS
Hi Guys,

You have been a tremendous help in the past, hope you can shed some light again.

I already have a 0801 mounted in the front my car and it has been running great ever since the
firmware was sorted out (a gazillion years a go by now it seems) It has even seen me through a
successful insurance claim for which i will be forever grateful. In celebration i thought i'd treat
myself to a new mini 0803 to replace the 0801 at the front and put the 0801 pointing out the
back of the car.

So today i received a new 0805 from eprance (i'd ordered the 0803 but there you go) and have
spent the last hour upgrading the firmware (this seems to have gone well, the camera is running
right now on test) So here is my question;

Can i plug my new 0805 camera into my older 0801 mount that is still attached to my windscreen?

Conversely, will my 0801 plug into (and work obviously) into the new mount that came with the 0805?

This would save me 'unsticking' the 0801 mount and repositioning the the rear of the car.

I've read that the newer mounts have gold contacts & micro (as opposed to mini) usb conns, as is born
out when i opened the box today, are they wired the same? I don't want to brick the cams by plugging
them into each others mounts if the 'pinouts' are different.

Also, by way of confusing things a little further, my original 0801 mount is gps, my new 0805 mount
is non-gps according to the box and i can't remember what i ordered! (having said that, the mount feels
too heavy to be a non-gps mount so i'm not sure) Would that make a difference?

I'm not bothered about gps to be honest, i find the software that incorporates gps signalling to be pretty
poor at the best of times, i'm happy to do without gps on both cams.

Does anyone know or have any experience of this?

regards

Yes, you can use an 0805 on an 0801 mount no problem, gps or not. I would leave your existing one where it is.

Have you tried Registrator Viewer for viewing the GPS data?

Thanks Nigel,

Thats good to know, i can test the 0805 cam tomorrow in my car on the 0801 mount without
resorting to peeling and cleaning!

Yes i have tried registration viewer but never had much joy with it.

I put a question about this on this forum ages ago and the thinking was i had an old duffer of
a pc (a bit like myself!). Since got a new pc, haven't tried it yet, i'll give it another go.

thanks for your help.

Back