0801 nearly two years old and still going strong.

Klippie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius Lens C, Lens C2, Lens D & Drift Ghost S
I recently replaced the battery in one of my 801's and its now working as good as new it just refuses to die, its knocking on for two years old I'am amazed its lasted this long.

My other 0801's battery is dead too so after replacement it also should be as good as new.

Interesting that the latest and greatest 0806's have issues, the 0801 seems to be a pretty solid unit.

Anyone else got and old timer 801 still going strong.

Yep, had mine for about 2 years as well. Still working fine, though the battery doesn't hold charge too well.

Where did you get your replacement batteries from?

Sorry just seen this...I replaced it with a RC helicopter lipo of similar rating.

Some of the old posts early September got deleted in the database crash weeks ago.

I said:
"Sounds like a world record, I went through 4 0801's a few years ago before throwing in the towel."

@jokiin said:
"If you got a good one they were ok, battery would generally have given in by now for many but not too hard or too expensive to replace for those that were ok with that. Cooler climate would see it lasting longer no doubt"

My 0803 from early 2014 is still alive and kicking.

Its been through some brutal winters... and lived.

The Battery in my 0801 seems to be failing .
I would like to replace the battery.
Where can I purchase a replacement battery? ?

OOPS .... I just saw your response above

Last edited:
Just over 2 years here.

No Battery issues as of yet , has enough to power down after ignition is turned off. :D

I take the card out every 6 months to make sure the card hasnt given up, but seems fine ! and even caught a JCB accident when it wrote my car off !

Mine has been also over 2 years. Battery cannot hold a charge for one minute but otherwise the cam is still working. No point replacing the battery as there are many newer and better dash cams out on the market now. Mini 0801 has good daytime video (like many others) but its night video is now among the worst and darkest. My replacement the SG9665GC now has among the best night video out on the market.

My 0801 is also approximately 2 years old and it seems that the battery has outlived its usefulness.
I have ordered a LI-PO, HELI, 1S 3.7V 380MAH 2651 battery as a replacement.
Now in retrospect I think maybe I should have purchased a new dash cam instead.

Last edited:
if you can still keep it working for the sake of a few dollars and a bit of repair time that's not a bad thing

Still going strong , no battery issues.Using in Australia but mounted on headrest post ,out of the sun or on bean bag type mount & put on the floor when parked out of the sun . 2 years old.

Still going strong , no battery issues.Using in Australia but mounted on headrest post ,out of the sun or on bean bag type mount & put on the floor when parked out of the sun . 2 years old.

keeping them out of the sun certainly helps

I replaced the battery in my E-PRANCE® Mini 0801 with a LI-PO, HELI, 1S 3.7V 380MAH 2651 RC helicopter battery.
The original battery was a KBT 052035PL 3.7 Volt 450mAh and it was also about 3mm thinner than replacement .
However, the replacement (LI-PO 3.7V 380mAh 2651), although slightly bigger, fitted quite comfortably in the allotted space
and the dash cam is still going strong .(The replacement battery cost only $10.00 as opposed to purchasing a new dash cam)
I hope it lasts another few years. {In addition to writing the file on shutting down, I think the battery is also
required to maintain the firmware-configuration so that the time-stamp and other settings would remain accurate}

I saw this step by step guide video on YouTube I found it very helpful.

Last edited:
Well, I've had mine for about 2 and a half years, and it has just gone faulty, so time for a new one. Up until now it's been a great little camera, if I could have repaired it I would have, but it's destined for the bin. Looked a getting just the camera part (as I now have a power supply and GPS mount that's no good to me), but can't find them available separately.

I still have my ojocam bought 0801 going since January 2014. It still works as it did when new. I have a battery waiting but the original is still trucking. Question...can I replace that battery with a spare supercap from a few that ordered for my Panoramas? Just a thought and was wondering if it would work. Not sure if the shutdown process is longer than the cap could handle for the 0801. I will probably put the new battery in at some point for giggles and maybe drill a few holes in the case.

I still have my ojocam bought 0801 going since January 2014. It still works as it did when new. I have a battery waiting but the original is still trucking. Question...can I replace that battery with a spare supercap from a few that ordered for my Panoramas? Just a thought and was wondering if it would work. Not sure if the shutdown process is longer than the cap could handle for the 0801. I will probably put the new battery in at some point for giggles and maybe drill a few holes in the case.

I don't think anyone has successfully got a supercap to work with the 0801.

My 0801 is still going strong from Jan 2104 although I'm now on my third battery. Great little camera

3,5 Years and time to replace the battery. Anyone could give advice for good seller and good battery?

I replaced the battery with on my 801 with a LI-PO, HELI, 1S 3.7V 380MAH 2651 RC helicopter
battery about one year ago. However my 801 has conked out again I suspect it’s the battery that failed again.
I am still debating whether I should replace the battery again or just acquire a new Dash Cam.
Does anyone have any advice ?

Last edited:
Back