0801s Problem

Watto56

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
0801S and Mivue 388
Hi all. I have and use a 0801S and to date it hasn't missed a beat, and very happy with it. However while traveling through the Northwest of Western Australia it has decided to throw the teddy out of the cot. I think it may be a Temperature issue and was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.
Thanks for your input in advance.

The in car temps while driving won't be enough to cause heat related issues as such, if you were running it while parked that would be a problem

Yeah thought that myself but its happening when driving and AC on in the car at 22 deg. Direct sunlight has been blocked out by a cover on the windscreen. Maybe the cover isn't doing the job properly. I will play around and see if I can find a solution.

Records for a good portion of the day then starts to switch off and then back on again. The files that have been recorded in that time are unreadable or playable. everything else is fine. It also places some of the GPS logs in the same folder as the recorded files.

Im using the a Sandisk Extreme 32GB. Yesterday it ran for from 5am until about 2pm nonstop before it started playing up.IMG_6023.jpg

I tried a sands Ultra when I first got the cam but it was giving me errors. I am running the same card in my rear cam (its only a cheap toguard) but it runs all day without errors. I might switch the cards today before I head out and see what the day brings.

I ran 2 of these with a Samsung class 6 32gb and they didn't miss a beat in over 3 years

Cheers Rob J might give it a go if no joy. It has just been running for 7 hours now and no probs yet

Back