0803 update help

soundesciple

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR400G-hd II / mini 0803 / Mobius + A lens.
I tried to update the firmware from 20140507 to 20140510 and nothing happens. I cannot format the card in the camera for some reason.
when i press the format/yes button the screen reads processing for about one second then returns to the video screen for about 1 min then shuts down. (battery is full by the way) but the DCIM/MISC/PLAYER files are still on the card when i put it in the PC.
if i format the card on the PC with SDFormatter the card is blanked but when i put the new firmware.bin file on the card and then back in the camera the camera doesn't see the new firmware and just puts the the old firmware files DCIM/MISC/PLAYER back on the card. Any ideas whats going on?
the camera is GPS with no internal has FW20140507 V1.0
the card is a transend 32gb.

Tried another card?
Yes I tried a " Sandisk 32gb + 64gb" and a "Sandisk 4gb" all class 10 cards but I don't have any class 4/6 cards to try.

Do I need the camera plugged in via the mount for this to work or should it work on battery?

Ok, i will try downloading the update file again. do you have a working download link i could use?

Last edited:
Thanks.

ok so I tried this download
GPS + 1CARD

version 1.2
Default language: German

as well as
20140510GPS + 1CARDA7LAXX
And still no joy. the camera just will not see the update when booting.

Yes. Camera will not format card for some reason so i format it on the PC with SDFotmatter, copy the new f/W bin file to the blank card, Remove safely usb drive from PC, put card back in camera and boot it up. but camera just goes straight to video screen.

Perhaps you've got a faulty unit, doesn't sound right, not sure your problems are going to improve with a firmware update

Use an OTG cable and load the elf version via the USB software, that's pretty well fool proof unless you have faulty hardware

I wonder if the card is the wrong format for the firmware.bin file to be detected at startup?

I had some similar difficulties when I first got mine but got it working without understanding the problems and then just left it working.

I did not need a blank card for firmware.bin to work, just put it in the root folder with all the normal folders still there.

I formatted my card using Windows 7, can't remember what format but the default format didn't appear to work properly.

I'd try formatting the card in the 0803 unit and then writing the BIN file to the root directory, making sure it's correctly named.

I'd try formatting the card in the 0803 unit and then writing the BIN file to the root directory, making sure it's correctly named.
The camera will not format the card/cards as said in previous posts. And what would the correctly named file say? Surly it is already correctly named in the zip folder before extraction.

The camera will not format the card/cards as said in previous posts. And what would the correctly named file say? Surly it is already correctly named in the zip folder before extraction.
Yes, for the 0803 it does come correctly named "firmware.bin", just copy it into the root folder. I'm not sure if the format of the card matters.

That suggests you have a faulty 0803 to me, who knows what else doesnt work correctly. I would send it back.

Perhaps you've got a faulty unit, doesn't sound right, not sure your problems are going to improve with a firmware update

Use an OTG cable and load the elf version via the USB software, that's pretty well fool proof unless you have faulty hardware
Kudos to you jokiin. That looks like its done the trick. I put the Elf file on and the new FW reads FW20140611 V1.0. nice logo as well. Thanks for your Help.

Back