0803 worthy of an upgrade over 0801?

bronze84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750, K1S, Marcus3, Mobius, Xiaomi Yi, Sony AS100v
OK, so while I wait patiently for the release of the Guardtrak my thoughts have turned to my rear window.

Up until recently I had an 0801 on the front, sadly it broke when I was moving it out of my old car into my new car. I liked the convenience and form factor of the 0801, vid quality wasn't bad either, the let down was night quality. Anyway, I was just going to get an exact replacement and stick it on the rear. I'm tempted by the 0803 though, is it worth the extra money? Will night footage improve with the A7 processor? and lastly has the firmware improved?

Cheers

I dont think it will be worth the extra mony, to me the 801 would allso make a good if not exelent rear camera.

Offcourse when the 803 are fully up and running it will perform better than a 801, but i am not sure it will be worth the extra expence as you allready have the 801.

To me the A7 cameras i have seen footage from, dont make me jump out of my chair and clap my hands when i compare ther footage to Good Cameras based on older A2 / A5 and other chipsets.

With the unreliability of the 0801, I would want to wait to see if the 0803 is actually better and as Kamkar said, the A7 chips aren't really a guarantee of quality. I would also want to see if the mount was improved, since so many complained of loose, shaky mounts over time.

As Russ said, the Mobius is a great choice, though I prefer the A lens (sorry Russ :p). I think the Mobius gives you a bit more flexibility in mounting it and it's reliability is already proven.

Last edited:
Actually I am quite lucky that I bought two, thinking that I'd fit one to my car and one to my wife's. One mount (or rather where the camera joins the mount) is so shaky that it's virtually unusable, the one I'm using is OK though.

Makes me think that they have a Quality Control issue with the manufacture of these mounts...

Thanks chaps

Went for the möbius in the end with the wide angle lens and the car kit. Bought from Joovuu for £66 not a bad price really for a UK based seller.

Just waiting for the guardtrak now for up front.... Sorted

Just thought. How easy is it to change the settings on a Möbius on a Mac?

Just thought. How easy is it to change the settings on a Möbius on a Mac?
Very easy:-

Hit the 'Mode + Power Button' together together to get the settings from the Mobius onto your microSD card as file named SYSCFG.TXT.
Connect your Mobius to your Mac & go to this site http://www.mobiusgui.com and import the SYSCFG.TXT file.
Make the adjustments you want and save the resulting SYSCFG.TXT onto your microSD card.
Disconnect your Mobius from your Mac & repeat the 'Mode + Power Button' together sequence to load the new settings to you Mobius.
That's it, simples!!;)

Below is a link to a really useful web page that has a Mobius User Manual, links to the various GUI's and FW's...
http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

Alternatively everything you ever needed to know can also be found on the DCT Mobius Thread:-
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...help-requests-here-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much

Back