0805 As Webcam

solmer

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi, I bought the mini 0805 to use with my android CAR. My unit works pretty well with USB cameras but I can't put the mini 0805 as webcam. Any help?

thanks in advance.

Hi, I bought the mini 0805 to use with my android CAR. My unit works pretty well with USB cameras but I can't put the mini 0805 as webcam.

What is "android CAR" ?

Hi! Ive a GPS Android car Nav on my Tucson, is a generic Android unit with USB ports (the brand is Joying and the model is Jy-UL135) if I connect a USB webcam it can show me the image on the screen but if connect the mini 0805 the mini says USB connected and I can use it as a storage, also play recorded videos. If I connect it using the GPS "pod" the mini only charges and my Android doesn't detect It...Ive tried to connect the mini to a PC and it works in the same way...When I bought the mini I saw Webcam:support

Any help?

Thanks in advance

The webcam feature is only limited to a PC/laptop. The 0805 can't be used as a USB camera that integrates with an Android head-unit via the USB ports in the car or on the head-unit. If you want to view what the 0805 is recording on the Android head-unit's screen or use it as a car reversing utility with your Android head-unit, use the AV out port or get a Mini HDMI to AV converter and connect it to the AV inputs of the head-unit.

Last edited:
Hi ! Thanks for the help, I've tried to use it as webcam in my laptop but I can't get recognised the mini as webcam, when I connect the mini to my laptop it recognises the mini as storage....Should I install a driver? Looking into the devices the mini doesn't appears as webcam which needs drivers.....

Thanks!

Just checked on my defunct Mini 0805, I couldn't find a way to enable/use the dash cam as a webcam. It goes straight to USB mass storage mode with a blue screen (USB connecting...). I thought connecting it to the USB cable while it's in recording mode would yield a different result but that's not the case.

Sorry for the misinformation about it working with a PC/laptop at least in my testing/experience.

Hi Hars !, don't worry :) any help is always appreciated. I'll try to connect the mini using the AV out port (a jack hole in the upper siade).

Thnaks again

Hi Hars !, don't worry :) any help is always appreciated. I'll try to connect the mini using the AV out port (a jack hole in the upper siade).

Thnaks again

Hi Solmer, Mini0805 can't used as a webcam.

Back