0805 crazy high MPH readings

Chris4536

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just delivered from Amazon.....firmware 20150208 V1.0. As understand this is latest firmware ,would appreciate help as how to resolve please. Thanks in advance.

Hi Chris, Could you be a little more specific about the issue you see? For example, what value is being shown and what value are you expecting?

Thanks for coming back.
Off memory...was driving at 30/40........playback @ 50/70.......eratic values quickly jumping up and down

Check your settings in the camera and playback software are both set to the correct speed unit for your country

The gps plot/track on map is spot on, suggesting signal is ok.

track is derived by averages, still could be signal problems, could also be a firmware issue, hard to say

Accept what you say...if it's a firmware problem,what would you suggest please?

You should first confirm that it is not a signal problem. If your car has a sunroof, open it and temporarily hold the camera above the roof or out the window for a minute, then see what results you get on playback. Make sure you're not walled off by high rise buildings during testing, as they could cause signal bounce that can affect accuracy. If the readings are still erratic when the signal should be clear, double check that the GPS cable is connected securely and not damaged or kinked. Once GPS reception issues are eliminated, then you can move on to firmware solutions.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm talking about holding the GPS antenna out the window if it's separate from the dashcam itself.

KuoH

Accept what you say...if it's a firmware problem,what would you suggest please?

Last edited:
I'd suggest downgrading the firmware. The December 2014 firmwares seem reliable. Mine is using 20141211. I forgot to check my speedometer on the way home but the figures you quote seem to be the KPH equivalent of the MPH which was a bug of older firmware.

Played around with settings on both camera and playback on computer.....now working brilliantly.
Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

Your better ask someone who understands these things, because I don't.
I tried all the suggestions posted earlier in thread, played around with settings several times,threw it against a wall in frustration, and , low and behold, it now works perfectly.

I tried all the suggestions posted earlier in thread - threw it against a wall in frustration, and , low and behold, it now works perfectly.

A man to my own heart - I have found that works a treat.

Back