0805 for $70 or 0806 for $110?

stangri

Reaction score
Country
Canada
From the comparison table the only difference I noticed is the "constant" parking guard of the 0806 vs the "short" parking guard of 0805.

And that's where things get confusing as from what I gather, the parking guard requires a special mount (not the regular GPS-mount which comes with either dashcam), right? How much are these and where can I get them?

What do "short" and "constant" parking guard modes actually mean? How's the 0805 parking mode is "short" when it has the 320mAh battery wheres 0806 only has 200mAh battery?

I *think* that when I looked into the mini model line a while ago there used to be a capacitor-based model, but I can't find it anymore. Is it no longer offered or was I looking at a different model line back then?

What's the best place to buy the hardwiring kit? Not sure if I need the functionality of the PANO kit, just the basic hardwiring kit to not have exposed wires is all I need.

Big expenses are coming up in the summer, so money's kinda tight, should I just go for the 0805 then?

Thanks!

PS. Both prices are after currently valid coupons at GearBest.

Don't think I've ever seen a decent side by side comparison of 0805 and 0806.

The impression I get from various threads is that image quality on the 0806 is quite a lot better, it has a better quality lens, but is wider angle so the end result is that licence plates are about equally readable. Exposure seems a fair bit better on the 0806, or maybe it's the WDR processing.

If you want to use it for home movies of your travels then I suggest the 0806, if you just want a dashcam for accident evidence then an 0805 should be sufficient. The 0806 has a lot more ventilation so I suspect that long term it is a better investment since the battery will probably last significantly longer.

I don't think the standard 0805 has a parking mode. The 0806 will wake itself up on impact and record a 10 second clip (short mode). The optional bracket which allows for continuous low frame rate recording while parked with automatic switchover has not yet materialised.

Capacitor model may be in development, not currently on sale.

A lot of 0806 sellers include the hardwire kit in the price.

Check your local seller, don't know how much difference in price there is but in the event you need to return it, returning to China isn't an easy option.

A lot of 0806 sellers include the hardwire kit in the price.

Check your local seller, don't know how much difference in price there is but in the event you need to return it, returning to China isn't an easy option.
There's one Canadian reseller that I know of and the price difference is quite sufficient for me to risk ordering from China and having to ship it back there in case of the problems.

I'll check the both dashcams descriptions at GearBest to see if the hardwire kit is included.

Yeah, also GB removed the coupon for 0806, so I might actually buy it elsewhere if I decide to go for 0806.

I'm also concerned 0806 is an almost obsolete dashcam with no future support as soon as 0807 comes out.

Yeah, also GB removed the coupon for 0806, so I might actually buy it elsewhere if I decide to go for 0806.

I'm also concerned 0806 is an almost obsolete dashcam with no future support as soon as 0807 comes out.
The first proper production batch batch (3) of 0806 has only been with us a few weeks, it isn't obsolete yet!

The obsolete one is the 0801, that has been around so long it will be hard to get the chips soon! Next comes the 0805 replacement, and some new developments, only then they will need an 0806 replacement. They wouldn't have made all the improvements to batch 3 if they didn't plan for a decent lifespan.

Back