0805 What class card - newbie to dash cams

ngeddie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just got a 0805 and wondering what class card I ideally need, currently running a branded class 6. I am currently also seeing similar issue to that in next thread - "dropping frames @ 1080 30p" and will try the suggestions

My question is will it support a class 10 card as have read that the 0801 etc only like lower class cards?

Thanks for the help :)

I do know that a Kingston class 10 doesn't work, well not in mine anyway as that was the first card I got.

Hi
New to forum as well.

My 805 is on the way from Foxoffer1 and should arrive early next week.

Looked around on the various threads and cannot see any recommendations on SD card other than some failures on counterfeit ones.

Appreciate any recommendations from members as to what works.

Thanks

John

I'm using 32gb sandisk ultra class 10 brought from tesco for 15 quid, also Sainsburys are doing them for the same price.
Hi
New to forum as well.

My 805 is on the way from Foxoffer1 and should arrive early next week.

Looked around on the various threads and cannot see any recommendations on SD card other than some failures on counterfeit ones.

Appreciate any recommendations from members as to what works.

Thanks

John

Class 10 is preferred, Class 6 is still fine and shouldn't cause issues though
I am running Class 4 in both of my 0805 with out any problem at all (MicroCenter brand)

I'm using 32gb sandisk ultra class 10 brought from tesco for 15 quid, also Sainsburys are doing them for the same price.
I got both of the 0805 from FoxOffer and they are with the latest firmware 2014/12/11
I have notice that many people are saying that you have to use class 6 and above or you will have problems.
I can reassure you that I am using 32g Class 4 (Micro Center brand) in both of my units and have no problems at all .

Class 4 is fast enough, the faster cards don't usually write data any quicker, they can be read from quicker though so copying large files is faster

Thanks for the recommendations on cards.

On an extended holiday at moment in Thailand so camera on way here and decided on this card which is on special at moment.

http://www.lazada.co.th/lexar-32gb-high-speed-micro-sd-class-10-420257.html/

Will report back when I have tested camera and card.

Is there anything special about the original sticky adhesive pad or is generic double sided adhesive pad suitable as a replacement if trimmed to size?

Once again thanks for assistance on card

The adhesive pad is by 3M but any generic double sided should do although you'll need an overall thickness of about 1.5mm. Also take into consideration that not all sticky pads are created equal.
That Lexar micro SD card looks ok, have used SDHC cards by Lexar in my cameras without issue.

I thought Class 10 was the best for video that is what I have in my G90 kingston class 10 32gb from Amazon.

In my 0805 I am using a Patriot Class 10 64gb card and have no issues - also used 16gb Class 10 and a 32gb Class 4 with no issues.

Copying exactly from the manual: "CLASS 4 or above,Class6 is perfect .Class10 may cause some problem because the speed of the card is too fast, it is better not us class 10 card"

Grammar errors are from the manual, not me.

Copying exactly from the manual: "CLASS 4 or above,Class6 is perfect .Class10 may cause some problem because the speed of the card is too fast, it is better not us class 10 card"

Grammar errors are from the manual, not me.
That was written for the mini 0801. Class 4 should be OK but wont have a lot in reserve for the highest resolution modes, class 6 will be fine and there is no problem with class 10.

That is the problem with the instructions for these cameras - that have not been updated since the camera was first made and there are now a number of updated cameras 0801 through to 0805/6. I spoke to my supplier and they said 64gb and definitely Class 10 - indeed he had listed these specs in his online ad even though the box and instructions would indicate these specs were not suitable - and as I said I use 64gb and Class 10 and no issues at all.

Thanks for the recommendations on cards.

On an extended holiday at moment in Thailand so camera on way here and decided on this card which is on special at moment.

http://www.lazada.co.th/lexar-32gb-high-speed-micro-sd-class-10-420257.html/

Will report back when I have tested camera and card.

Is there anything special about the original sticky adhesive pad or is generic double sided adhesive pad suitable as a replacement if trimmed to size?

Once again thanks for assistance on card

Got the Lexar 32gb card all ok and running. Did some tests in car today 1920 x 1080p 30 frames. Video looked ok but think focus better on right than left. Very happy with low light video in under ground carpark.

Going to try highest res tomorrow with some late day early evening footage.

Had flicker set to auto will change to 50Hz. Auto had a little flickering in traffic lights.

Will post some still images for comments in the focus thread in next few days.

Once again thanks for assistance

Thanks appreciate the helpful nature of this forum. Only discovered it after ordering camera

Back