0805 will only record 35 minutes

fireblade9

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
mini 0805
hi iv got a problem were my mini dash cam 0805 will only record for exactly 35 minutes then just stops recording but the blue light still flashing as normal only realise it has cut short after i view footage

things iv tried ...
going through all settings time after time copying some ones settings of here inc no motion sensor
formatted sd card samsung 32 class 10
bought new sd card san disk 32 class 10
installed new firm wear 805gs 20150423 v1.0 all installed with no problems

but still only 35 minutes of footage each journey has anyone got suggestions id much appreciate the help

hope iv also posted in correct place:oops:

Can you try formatting the cards and running them through h2testw from here:

https://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/h2testw/

It's worth trying it with both cards as that will tell you if they're both ok - it sounds like there's an issue after the 4GB mark.

Has the 0805 ever worked?

If the cards both check out ok maybe there's something going wrong with the battery but check the cards first regardless.

Thanks for your ideas the 0805 has done this from day one I contacted the seller but he never replied to all my messages
I will test the cards next as you say
I have it plugged into my 12v and it looks like all is working ie blue light flashing and no shut down chime
Many thanks

So i just tested the samsung 32 class 10

Warning: Only 30507 of 30508 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 8.02 MByte/s
Reading speed: 18.4 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

ill try other card tonight

Solved

Opened the cam up thinking id see a swollen battery and straight away i noticed the black wire that comes from the battery to the circuit board was not connected it was sat on top of the red wire so i soldered it back to were it should be and all is working as it should.
It was only recording 35 mins and missing the end of my journey to work because the cam had no internal battery to close the last file (was set a 5 min recycle)

hope this can be some help to someone as it did my head in from the day i bought it seller didn't want to know was blaming the SD card

You got a lemon. Glad you solved it! Who is the unscrupulous seller, by the way?

Have been checking footage this week and all has recorded no missed files so over the moon
I can't find the seller in my eBay purchases not sure how far back you can go mabey like u say I got a bad one but all ok for now :D

Back