0806 has started making sounds like a quacking duck

Phildo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Ok folks after some help - my 0806 has started making a noise that sounds like a quacking duck - a two stage tone - it seems to appear as the memory card gets full - I couldn't find any reference to it in the user guide.

Any ideas please ? Is it an error sound that the card is faulty (fragment error read ?)? It seems to record ok then stop recording once the card is full and won't overwrite the oldest file (as it as been doing) - time to reformat card ? What is best method of reformatting ?

Last edited:
Do you have loop recording turned on?
If not, it won't overwrite.

Also, check if the files are locked due to g-sensor setting.

Thanks for the tips Sunny - it appears that my card is no longer working as the 0806 displays an error message "Invalid Card". I will try and reformat it.

Loop Recording is on and G sensor sensitivity =3G

I will try the camera again with reformatted Card.

Last edited:
I just got an 0806. And put in a SanDisk 32GB and got this error I GUESS when it flipped from Card A to card B (SD32GB)...
Formatted and kept trying. No luck.

I would think the SanDisk Extreme 32GB should be fast enough.

Way back when I tried the SanDisk and it failed as soon as I put it in. The only brand/model I have had any success with (so far) is the Samsung Pro + 64.

Thanks for the tips Sunny - it appears that my card is no longer working as the 0806 displays an error message "Invalid Card". I will try and reformat it.

Loop Recording is on and G sensor sensitivity =3G

I will try the camera again with reformatted Card.

Exactly same problem. First year of using MINI0806 no issues but second year I had to replace battery and after that memory card problem. I did hard reset, back to factory settings, new memory cards... no luck :(

SD card error( camera stop recording and shutting down, blue light only) solved. Bought Kingston 32 GB UI 3 (4K2K) micro SD card. This card is High speed 90Mb/s Read and 80Mb/s Write. MINI 0806 is 2K camera and Class 10 micro SD card dosen't have enough speed for 2K video. 3 days using my camera and no issues but before I had "blue light" twice a day!

Today "Memory I/O error" again! With new high speed microSD card! My next step to clean card slot contacts. Will see.

microSD in slot A or slot B? slot B is master card and A is slave

I have got occasionally the same problem. I have got 2 Samsung pro 64gb cards. Wtf is going on?

Wysłane z telefonu Mate 9

My last step is reprogramming MINI0806 with DirectUSB PC soft. Erased all old firmware first and reprogrammed with stock firmware. No luck :( Same error.
I believe it is hardware degradation. What else? I can put new thermal compound to processor radiator or replace with new Li-on battery.

Try putting the power lead direct into the camera instead of into the GPS mount.
I know ... doesn't seem logical ... but try it if you haven't already.

Try putting the power lead direct into the camera instead of into the GPS mount.
I know ... doesn't seem logical ... but try it if you haven't already.
Now it works in the test mode with my cell phone charger directly. I replaced radiator thermal compound. Will see... 2 hours no errors. Keep my fingers crossed.

Do You know the reason of these memory I/O error ? I have got the same problem.

Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Still have Mini 0806. Still have the same problem with I/O error. Last week I switched card source from Auto to card B. No luck even worse. Beeping sound after each power on. Back to Auto but camera freezing all the time, beeping can not use it :( My solution: did camera hard reset+format card+restore factory settings. Now it work for a week without any errors.

Back