0806 not starting up with sd card in.

Keith800_0

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0806
Hi everyone. Had my 0806 now for about 4 years, worked fine all of that time. lately i have had it not starting up when turning Ignition on.Just blue and red led lighting up.. Firtsly i thought it was a power supply issue. changed that but still the same. After further investigation i find the Unit will start up fine without the SD card fitted. refit it and get the blue and red led again. now im sure the battery by now is buggered so ive ordered a new one. (though never get a battery low warning). I read a similar post to this one but the OP didnt come back to finish the post or offer any soloutions. The sd card i am using is a samsung 64gb and have been using this successfully for a long time, also tried other sd cards in the unit with the same results.. Any ideas?. could this be purely down to a failing battery?

I have the exact same issue - I'm thinking its the battery, we pulled ours apart and the battery was all swollen. I'm thinking of just getting a new camera, 4 years is a good life for something sitting inside a hot car in the sun all day.

Thanks for your reply. I replaced my battery to find the same problems. So as a last resort i reflashed the firmware. 161115.zip and it has fixed the issues..

Back