0806 won't unbrick...

Del

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0805
My 0806 has been been acting strangely for a while, sometimes there is the quacking duck noise, sometimes it is constantly restarting. I checked the card today and it has been recording fine.
So today, I thought I would upgrade the firmware (I haven't done this since buying it). When I put the card back in the camera, the Upgrade message came up, I selected Yes, and then it showed 'Processing'.
But after that, there was a strange sound for a second, like an old dial-up modem. I unplugged the camera and then it wouldn't properly turn on, just showing a blue and red LED.
I've followed the 'unbricking' instructions http://mini0806.com/1/post/2015/02/recover-bricked-mini-0806-camera.html but the camera is never recognised in Device Manager when I plug it in, and if I click 'Connect' in DirectUSB it says 0 Amba devices found.
Any ideas?

Hi Del,
you need to hold the UP button when plug it to computer, then there will be a new device shown in device manager

Good question. It's the cable that came with the camera.
That's just a regular cable, you can double check with @Rayman.Chan to see if anything has changed but this process normally required an OTG type cable along with the button press to get access to Dev mode to load the elf firmware

for 0806 it is no need for a OTG cable as we updated the hardware design, hold the UP button and connect to PC then it will be DEVICE mode to upload the ELF firmware.

Good question. It's the cable that came with the camera.
if you have a android cell phone data cable, it will be worth to have a try

There are some different options to choose in the windows software as well, I haven't played with Ambarella for a while but in earlier versions if you didn't select the correct board type it wouldn't work

for 0806 it is no need for a OTG cable as we updated the hardware design, hold the UP button and connect to PC then it will be DEVICE mode to upload the ELF firmware.

if you have a android cell phone data cable, it will be worth to have a try
I have just tried with a data cable for Samsung Galaxy A3.
Hold the UP button, then plug cable in.
Blue and red LEDs come on.
Camera screen stays blank.
Nothing appears in Device Manager on the PC.

seems it is difficult for you to restore the camera there.
Please send mail to me rayman@megcn.com to process warranty.

I think I'm going to buy a new one

Coming is an ALDI with a 14 inch monitor with HDMI for a large external monitor for $222 or there abouts

for electronics usually there is not big problem on the main components.
for the easy repairing we usually provide free repair service but need users burden the shipping cost if out of warranty.
if you want to repair, please ship the camera to our factory then we will feedback the analyse result, you can decide continue to repair or not.

Back