0806firmware-150323-DCT (custom bitrate version)

so am I...

can anyone who has upgraded to this let us know the procedure..

I download and get a file called "firmware bin".. it wont open so I assume you copy it to an sd card but doing this it freezes the copy bit but does give a firmware bin on the sd card..

do we just bung this in the camera as per usual procedure ?

help please.

Copy file to the root directory and power on the camera and follow the prompts

Last edited:
well..

my son was gaming on the net and I don't think the file downloaded correctly ..

the camera is stuck on select update or not and I wondered if there was any chance of unbricking it as there is no reset button and even flattening the battery and that screen is still yes or no.

I did download the bin file again and it worked fine on another 0806.

HELP !

I changed the SD cards in my 2 cameras tonight. The videos from my card using a Samsung 64gb card are fine and can be watched by any software I choose. The videos from the 2nd camera a Sandisk Ultra card can only be watched using the proprietry player that comes from the camera. When I look at the properties for these files they do not have any image size info or framerate info. Both cameras are using the same firmware (the same download) and same resolution settings.
Any ideas guys?

Sandisk cards are generally not recommended, not sure why you would have this behaviour though

Don't say that I just put a 128gb Sandisk in each of them.
It is odd, I think I'm going to try reinstalling the firmware and see what happens.

Just installed the custom fw on a new 0806, (same manner as I have on my other one) its installed ok, and I have the new splash screen, however on power up each time its asking if I want to install new fw again - any ideas why this is? ( as my other one doesn't do this)

Just installed the custom fw on a new 0806, (same manner as I have on my other one) its installed ok, and I have the new splash screen, however on power up each time its asking if I want to install new fw again - any ideas why this is? ( as my other one doesn't do this)

format the card

No, it's even simpler than that, you just need to delete the firmware update file so that it can't try and install it again!

No, it's even simpler than that, you just need to delete the firmware update file so that it can't try and install it again!
I guess I must have done that on the original Cam, even though I don't remember doing it now!
Thanks guys

Have had this FW in a little more than 4 weeks now and can say that it works well.
Had a small incident where it finished filming 1 min before it shut down and 1 min after it started. Which meant I could not se the licence of the car that hit my car :(

(New cameras are on the way, ill use this on as a side camera or interior)

AMBA0681_MOV_snapshot_01_26_2015_11_26_18_03_11.jpg

AMBA0684_MOV_snapshot_01_07_2015_11_26_17_57_37.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, any chance for an updated version?
Thanks!

For those that want modified bitrates but don't want to create their own firmware
I do want to create my own firmware, where can I find the source code repository? :p

What are you looking to do?
I want to check the source code when needed (e.g. when you press lock button x times in a row, the current video fragment plus the next x-1 fragments will get read-only attribute).

I want to check the source code when needed (e.g. when you press lock button x times in a row, the current video fragment plus the next x-1 fragments will get read-only attribute).

doubt that's something you could do yourself with the tools that are available

If I'm not mistaken there is a correlation between not switching cards during recording and lack of option "Auto" when choosing cards in "Video Playback" and "Photo Viewer". When in "Video Playback" I'll choose "Card A Only" camera records only on card A, the same when card B is marked.
Is there any developer that can input "Auto" mode there to see if it'll record on both cards, please?

Back