0903 Newbie help

Nitram

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a 0903 and I seem to be struggling with it a bit and wondered if I might get some help.

1/ I went on my first long drive today and the camera seemed to power off after maybe 20mins. It seemed a little warm to the touch (but not hot) but it went completely dead - no blue LED. After leaving it for a while - still driving & power applied the screen came back on and it worked for another 20 mins before seemingly losing power again.
I'm using a 64Gb Kingston Class 10 card - could that be the problem?
I've also just reformatted the card using windows rather than in the camera.

2/ Using Registration Viewer I can't see the GPS track. There seems to be content in the GPS folder and I even see a little gps icon in the file details within RV but no track.
There's no speed showing either.
I can see the G sensor data.

3/ I'm concerned about the mount. The camera doesn't seem to lock fully in the GPS mount and there's a backward/forward movement of 6 to 7 mm. I talked to the vendor and he said its normal and not to worry. I have to admit I seem to have a good contact but I'm concerned about longevity.

4/ The firmware is nanoQFW 20160330V2.0 Is this the latest revision level?

Thanks.

card needs to be formatted in camera

GPS has issues on these, lots of reports of that

mount is being reworked also

OK, tried a different sd card, reformatted in the camera.
Checked all the connections.
Used some tape to hold the camera tight in the gps mount.
Still keeps powering off - if anything its getting worse.
Haven't even got as far as trying to sort out the gps track problem on Registrator Viewer.
I purposely bought from a UK Supplier so it looks like I'll be returning it, which is a shame as I really like the form factor.
Unfortunately I have to agree with other posts on this forum. I don't think the 0903 is ready for the marker.

I've just bought a 0903 and I seem to be struggling with it a bit and wondered if I might get some help.

1/ I went on my first long drive today and the camera seemed to power off after maybe 20mins. It seemed a little warm to the touch (but not hot) but it went completely dead - no blue LED. After leaving it for a while - still driving & power applied the screen came back on and it worked for another 20 mins before seemingly losing power again.
I'm using a 64Gb Kingston Class 10 card - could that be the problem?
I've also just reformatted the card using windows rather than in the camera.

2/ Using Registration Viewer I can't see the GPS track. There seems to be content in the GPS folder and I even see a little gps icon in the file details within RV but no track.
There's no speed showing either.
I can see the G sensor data.

3/ I'm concerned about the mount. The camera doesn't seem to lock fully in the GPS mount and there's a backward/forward movement of 6 to 7 mm. I talked to the vendor and he said its normal and not to worry. I have to admit I seem to have a good contact but I'm concerned about longevity.

4/ The firmware is nanoQFW 20160330V2.0 Is this the latest revision level?

Thanks.

Re: Registrator Viewer:
Registrator Viewer

sorry this is a design fault. The engineer thought it is strong enough to use a small lock which can release the camera by bend the plastic, like most other dash camera did, but it is too small in nanoQ which have a much smaller size than other camera.
so we have to redesign the mount bracket and make the body microUSB workable for Parking Guard. (our Parking Guard is totally different with the others which active the camera by G-sensor detect.)
it is a high expense for developping but we have to do this.

OK, tried a different sd card, reformatted in the camera.
Checked all the connections.
Used some tape to hold the camera tight in the gps mount.
Still keeps powering off - if anything its getting worse.
Haven't even got as far as trying to sort out the gps track problem on Registrator Viewer.
I purposely bought from a UK Supplier so it looks like I'll be returning it, which is a shame as I really like the form factor.
Unfortunately I have to agree with other posts on this forum. I don't think the 0903 is ready for the marker.
Try different power cable/source or battery pack and see if it still only turns on for 20 minutes.

Try different power cable/source or battery pack and see if it still only turns on for 20 minutes.

probable, the slim charger maybe little loose for some cars, which have a bigger cigar lighter socket.

I'm being sent the hardwire kit that plugs into the OBD port by the vendor.
Let's see if that works.
Have to admit the plug going into the cigarette lighter socket doesn't seem to be a particularly good fit but I find fiddling with the connector at the gps base seems to have an effect.

One thing though the Vendor, GPDUK has been brilliant. Quick to respond and he's supplied the hardwire kit FOC. He's also offered to exchange it if I want.
Being based in the UK was one of the main reasons I bought from them and I glad I did!

I'm being sent the hardwire kit that plugs into the OBD port by the vendor.
Let's see if that works.
Have to admit the plug going into the cigarette lighter socket doesn't seem to be a particularly good fit but I find fiddling with the connector at the gps base seems to have an effect.

One thing though the Vendor, GPDUK has been brilliant. Quick to respond and he's supplied the hardwire kit FOC. He's also offered to exchange it if I want.
Being based in the UK was one of the main reasons I bought from them and I glad I did!

I've just plugged in the OBD power cable but it seems to be live all the time.
I've set the DC to power off after a minute and the parking guard is set to off.
Any ideas how I might get it to switch off as I sometimes dont drive the car for a few days and I dont fancy a flat battery.

I'm coming to terms with the "character" of the dashcam - poor mount dealt with by using some foam, restarts fixed by switching the Stop/Start off.

One thing I'm still struggling with is that I keep losing the date/time if I leave the dc in the car for a few days without using it.
I've seen the date reset to the year 2000 and also to Jan 2016, but as the gps fix is hit and miss it doesn't always reset to the correct time when I drive.

This results in large chunks of missing video, I'm assuming because they get overwritten because they are seen as the oldest files.

So is this a (second) faulty dc or is there a setting I can use to disable looking for the satellite time?
The time seems to kept if I remove the dc from the car so I wonder if anyone has noticed the gps module affecting the clock.
This really is a bit of a deal breaker. I can work around the other short comings but if you cant rely on the video being saved its all a bit pointless!!

Also as an aside is there any way I can see how many satellites are being seen by the gps.

Oh well,I've had to give up on this one and return the second unit. Thankfully the supplier (GBPUK) has again proven to be brilliant and has given me a refund.

There are multiple problems with this product but in summary-

1/ Mount does not hold the camera in place. It will fall out unless secured using other means.
2/ GPS signal does not lock. I’ve driven two hours and it’s still not found any satellites. Sometimes it does but generally just a blue flashing light.
3/ No RTC battery. The camera resets to Jan 2016. This makes the latest files the oldest and they get overwritten first. Not necessarily a problem if the GPS would lock and set the clock, but see point 2/
4/ Stop/Start function of the car will toggle the camera. Ie: one SS will switch it off, the next will switch it back on, an so forth.
5/ GPS data files are not automatically attached to the video files in PC viewing software. I’ve only found one application that I can use and that requires manual manipulation to achieve.

I could work around many of the above but it was really the clock problem that did it for me- I just couldn't rely on video files being captured.
I was told a hardwire kit would resolve this but unfortunately my car (Fiat 500X) didn't seem to have a fusebox inside the car! - only had one in the engine bay and I just didn't fancy messing around with the wiring too much.

So now I have to look around again, which is a real shame as the product did look brilliant but just never delivered.

At the moment it looks like a Thinkware F770 or F50. I'll leave the cheap Chinese dashcams alone this time around.

There was a small improvement in new version mount but GPS problems and software issues persist.
It's too bad since the video quality is decent and has a potential to get even better.
Unfortunately the manufacturer is MIA so the future of this cam is uncertain.

Back