0903-Plus Video Quality Varied

BKDilse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My cam is still new, but I've noticed that on some days the footage is very grainy and vehicle registrations are not readable. Other days the footage is great.

I'll continue with different modes and update here with results.

Temperature has hit a Max of 76 deg F. This is when footage is very bad, and it's hit that after 1 hour of driving.

Last edited:
1296p, 30FPS - Cold Start, in the afternoon, looks great:

Last edited:
1296p, 30FPS - After 1 hours drive, in the morning, looks terrible:

Last edited:
1296p, 30FPS - After 45 mins drive in the afternoon, looks bad:

Last edited:
1296p, 30FPS - After 30 mins drive in the morning, looks bad:

I would appreciate any feedback, or suggestions?
Seems to be an issue after 15-30mins usage, as the camera gets hot.

I'll be testing this at 1080p next week, and provide feedback.

I've also noticed that today's cold start, was bad, due to it being very sunny, and the car heating up.

Last edited:
1080p, 30FPS - After 20 mins drive in the morning, looks very grainy:

My testing is complete. I'm not happy with this cam at all.

Just lowered the bitrate, by setting the quality to Fine, to see if that mad a difference.

Camera hit 69deg F after 1 hour drive. Quality started degrading after around 25 mins.

Super Fine gives me betwwen 17-20Mbps
Fine gives me around 12Mbps

There is definitely a problem with this unit/model, and unless I receive a resolution for it this week, it is going back. Not sure what I'll be getting as a replacement. I am happy with my 0801, so maybe get the 0805 to test.

0805 is from the same manufacturer as the 0801

Yep, that's why I thought I'd go for it. I'm very happy with my 0801.
I would rather keep my 0903 Plus, if the problem can be resolved. Not looking likely so far.

Yep, that's why I thought I'd go for it. I'm very happy with my 0801.
I would rather keep my 0903 Plus, if the problem can be resolved. Not looking likely so far.

yeah even there are implied similarities it is not from the same manufacturer so the skill set is not the same

yeah even there are implied similarities it is not from the same manufacturer so the skill set is not the same

Yep, I only found out that they are different manufacturers over the weekend. I always thought the were the same, due to the name Mini 080n and 090n.

It is now easy to see how fakes get sold............. One of many things I learn here on DCT

Unfortunate for us. Not sure if this a fake, as Rayman Chan reckons its genuine. Just not sure if its up for Production use, due to the heat issue. It is a new model, which I hoped had issues ironed out, but I guess not. :(

Unfortunate for us. Not sure if this a fake, as Rayman Chan reckons its genuine. Just not sure if its up for Production use, due to the heat issue. It is a new model, which I hoped had issues ironed out, but I guess not. :(

it would be real, no issue there, I think the comment was more to do with how easily fakes penetrate the market

it would be real, no issue there, I think the comment was more to do with how easily fakes penetrate the market

I agree, real shame that there are fakes out there/
My product looks genuine enough, does not look cheap, apart from the Mount (I hate it, prefer the Mini 080n one).
It's a shame that there is the heat issue, else I can't really fault it, and it has potential.

Hey guys... NanoQ 0903-Plus has now been packed and ready for return, I've gone for the Mini 0805 which I've fitted it today, and will be testing that out, as I am already a happy Mini 0801 customer :)

Thanks for your feedback and help whilst I tested the Plus.

Back