0906 constant reboot loop

nelz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, I bought this camera in January this year. Worked pretty well aside from the settings resetting to default every 3-4 weeks.

However, it's finally dead. It just shows the picture of the car (start up image) and continues to do the "ding dong ding" boot up chime over and over. I have tried plugging it in by itself (no rear cam, directly connected via Micro USB charger) and the issue persists.

Is there a manufacturer warranty on these things? Or any way I can troubleshoot it?

Nope, same problem either way.

I too am now having this issue. Hopefully I can get it working again until I can afford a replacement.

Hi , I have Same problem . I see that it’s a chronic problem. How can we solve it?

There are some older threads that report reflashing the firmware can work and in one case the unit was left for a while and it came back.
can't ref lash mine at the moment as I don't have a card reader to hand.

Using the standard power supply?

Yes, I normally use the cam via the GPS mount hardwired to my car, and I also tried powering it directly via Micro USB. I know it's not the power supplies as I've used those for months with no issue, and it has the same issue on both.

Reflashing the camera worked for me. You can get the latest firmware file (January 24, 2018) from the mini 0906 website: http://mini0906.com/update.html

The extracted bin file needs to be saved to the sd card's main root folder. When I booted up the camera to reflash it, I took it off the GPS mount and connected it to a mains micro USB phone charger. After the process is complete, it auto deletes the bin file so you can go ahead and mount it back in your vehicle.

It hasn't come back for me since then. If the issue keeps occurring, you should contact to the supplier you purchased the camera from.

Thanks. I should be able to give this a go in the next few days.

Good luck! On a generaI note, I always power down the camera manually when I'm not using it rather than letting it shutdown itself after switching off the car ignition. I don't know if this helps, but since doing I have't had it reset or stuck in reboot loop. I might be tempting fate and have it reoccur on me after telling you this, but so far so good.

I know it's not the power supplies as I've used those for months with no issue, and it has the same issue on both.

that doesn't mean much in the scheme of things, power supplies can develop issues also

you can try reloading firmware and you might get lucky, otherwise it's probably a hardware/warranty issue

that doesn't mean much in the scheme of things, power supplies can develop issues also

you can try reloading firmware and you might get lucky, otherwise it's probably a hardware/warranty issue

So you think magically both power supplies died, and produce identical issues on the cam? That's like one in a million.

Anyway, I tried another USB cable which I charge my phone with daily, and the same issue occurs. It is 100% the camera

Flashing the firmware fixed it for the time being. It was only possible by plugging it into my car through the GPS mount again, then pressing the "R" button to stop the constant boot up sound.

Doing these steps with the micro USB cable plugged in did not work. Weird.

Anyways, I will report back if it occurs again.

Cheers

Well I managed to get mine back to life again. Stuck the no log firmware on a card and managed to get it to flash.
Had to mess around a bit as I didn't have a small card handy so had to create a 2gb fat32 partition on the 128gb in the camera and then reformat after.
We'll see how long it lasts.
Hopefully we'll hear something from the manufacturers again soon.

Try new Firmware with 8-32 gb micro sd card. For me it is worked. Good luck.

Making the small 2gb fat32 partition allowed me to flash the firmware but in terms of use I need the capacity of the 128gb in order to keep a good amount of recordings in case I can't back up an important one right away.

Back