Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
update log:
1, added G-sensor file lock tone
2, auto increase G-sensor sensitivity when enter Parking Guard mode, recover when quit;
3, move Parking Guard to the top of menu
4, move Format Card to the second of menu
5, auto recover if data transfer mistake

download:
http://www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20171101.zip

Brilliant Thanks Rayman :)

Thanks! Will test this out. Hoping it stops the freezing whilst recording bug.

Anyone able to activate G-sensor on parking mode? I was able to activate it in normal mode but not parking mode. :(

I thought if G-sensor was on, it would be on all the time, just for normal mode it's automatically more sensitive now.

**Edit - After reading it again I think you mean activating g-sensor so that it locks the file? you could do this when recording normally, but not when in parking mode?
How did you test it? Tapping it?

I thought if G-sensor was on, it would be on all the time, just for normal mode it's automatically more sensitive now.

**Edit - After reading it again I think you mean activating g-sensor so that it locks the file? you could do this when recording normally, but not when in parking mode?
How did you test it? Tapping it?

Yes, I was not able to trigger the G-sensor file lock while in parking mode. I was able to trigger it by tapping the dashcam in normal mode, but not parking mode.

When I open the parking guard on the menu it has the settings for video quality. Shouldn't be to turn parking guard on or off?

Yep I'm sure mine had On/ off and I had to turn it on after the update as usual. ... I'll double check in half an hour when I get back to the car.

I have a boat load of video files that were taken at night while parked. Looks like motion sensor was triggered but I thought I had that turned off.

I have a boat load of video files that were taken at night while parked. Looks like motion sensor was triggered but I thought I had that turned off.

Motion sensors is automatically on when Parkng Guard is on?

Both Parking Guard & Motion are supposed to have options for On or Off.
When I loaded the November firmware I formatted the card and reset all the options. I did turn on parking guard to test and 90% sure I turned motion off.
Like I mentioned before now when I go into the parking guard option it is displaying the video options.

Give me 5 and I'll check mine. When you switch Parking Guard ON it activates motion detection front and rear even if Motion detection is switched off

Checked mine and it is fine. Enter Parking Guard menu and options are On/off

Motion detection is set to off. If you set it to on I think it screws up parking guard functionality.

Your correct, I just re-read the manual part for parking guard.
Thanks for checking. I'll re-do my settings after work today.
I was hoping that if my vehicle was hit that it would record something.

Yes if it is not either the G Sensor and / or Motion Detection will switch the camera to 30fps and record about 15 secs before and after the incident when in parking guard mode.

Yes if it is not either the G Sensor and / or Motion Detection will switch the camera to 30fps and record about 15 secs before and after the incident when in parking guard mode.

either the G Sensor AND / OR Motion Detection will switch the camera to 30fps and record about 15 secs when in parking guard mode

With my beta unit, the last working firmware ist 0829. With 1013 and 1101 (just tried today), when the rear cam is connected it does neither record anything nor show the rear picture when pressing the side button once. When I disconnect the rear cam, the device works normally but with front cam only.

Is this a (un)known issue, or just my device?

After downgrading to 0829, everything is fine again with both cams connected.

Regards,
Martin

Martin

I had this on one of my 0906 units after updating the firmware to Nov 1. It turned out to be video resolution had changed itself to 1080p 60fps. As soon as I changed it to 1080p 30fps rear camera worked ok. Strange it did happen on my other 0906.

Regards Simon

Hi speuk

I just tried to verify this, but it must be something different.

With 1013/1101, as soon as the rear cam is connected at boot-up, none of the buttons react to a press. Entering menu or even shutting down the cam is not possible, I have to disconnect it from the mount to shut it off.

On the display, when the rear cam is connected the modes displayed as „1080P30“ and „1080P30+1080P30“ are toggling.

Regards,
Martin

Ah bu##er! As you say must be something else. I assume you have tried the reset button. Have you installed the boot loader patch to increase available space for the firmware? I'm guessing yes or your unit had the larger space as you are running 29 Aug firmware ok.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S mini0906 19
J mini0906 4
Rayman.Chan mini0906 62
Rayman.Chan mini0906 25
Rayman.Chan mini0906 28
Back