0906 firmware update Nov.01.2017

Yes I installed the bootloader patch, only then I was able to install 0829.

But it's not a real issue, 0829 works ok for me tbh. It was just, I usually update when an update is available just for the update's sake :) Didn't use the reset button yet though, have to try that next. But my guess is that it won't make a difference, I will report back.

Yep I doubt it will fix it but will be interested to learn the outcome

Yes I installed the bootloader patch, only then I was able to install 0829.

But it's not a real issue, 0829 works ok for me tbh. It was just, I usually update when an update is available just for the update's sake :) Didn't use the reset button yet though, have to try that next. But my guess is that it won't make a difference, I will report back.
Also,you can PM us for help if any questions!

Hello, I hope you're all well - long time no visit!

I updated the beta 0906 today with this November firmware (after updating the bootloader) and the camera came up but seemed to freeze every few minutes.

The camera has been bulletproof on the June firmware, so I'm just rolling back to see how the August firmware behaves and then will check the October one to try and track it down.

The camera would just freeze on the display, it seemed heat related as initially it lasted a few minutes and then as the journey went on and I kept power cycling it would freeze almost immediately after startup.

The Novatek logs from the microSD are all here:
https://mega.nz/#!kAcURa4K!NwF0Wsz1GqvfGmpXtZqqdbnrr_fp_CBVf_x6Xe4WG4Y

The camera was at default settings and I just set bitrate to Super Fine and the date format to DDMMYYYY.

I'm away from home so will go back to the August firmware and see how that behaves as the camera has been stable since I was last here.

I`ve upgraded to this firmware (FIRMWARE_20171101).
- The Dashcam is freezing or not recording at all
- The buttons are reacting slow or not reacting at all, including the Power button

I rolled back to the FIRMWARE_20170829.
Attached, please find the Novatek log

Attachments

• LOG.zip
    98.2 KB · Views: 1
Great having you back! Always learned something from your posts.
Thanks - hopefully not my use of swear words :D

Just did 100 miles on the August firmware and all is well again with the world, will have a tinker later!

I got the impression from Rayman's posts that the production firmware is not compatible with the prototypes, so I never upgraded mine...

I am looking to try the 0906 dual camera, so any thoughts you might have will be very helpful.
Mine has worked really well, miss the resolution of the 0806, but the fast shutter speeds are more important most of the time.

Mine has worked really well, miss the resolution of the 0806, but the fast shutter speeds are more important most of the time.
Early on there were reports of premature shutdown apparently related to heat problems, and connectivity issues with the power connection at the GPS. That initially caused me to pause. Any current issues? Thanks for the comments.

I got the impression from Rayman's posts that the production firmware is not compatible with the prototypes, so I never upgraded mine...
Ah ok that would kind of make sense, although in the updated bootloader post it did mention it was specifically for the prototypes so that it could write to a larger SPI size - maybe there is a memory timing mismatch or something? @BRex which version hardware do you have - preprod or production? If production then sounds like a bug maybe.

It's working great on the August firmware.

@Gabacho the 0906 has been great for me, I've got to admit from memory the prototype camera has a different rear lens - I'm not sure if the production teardrop one was narrower or wider but I love the rear angle of this one I have. I think the temperature issues with the preprod items were fixed a long time ago.

It's been a crazy year so I haven't had much time for dashcam stuff but everytime I've needed to pull footage it's been there :)

On another forum I use someone keeps posting footage from the Nextbase 4k cam and that's very dark at nighttime, the 2Mp sensors wipe the floor with it.

Ah ok that would kind of make sense, although in the updated bootloader post it did mention it was specifically for the prototypes so that it could write to a larger SPI size - maybe there is a memory timing mismatch or something? @BRex which version hardware do you have - preprod or production? If production then sounds like a bug maybe.
It's working great on the August firmware.

Mine is a prototype. Yeah, you could be right regarding of the memory. The August Firmware is best for me too, however I noticed a slower GPS lock and sometimes, in a low light condition, a grainy footage. These I did not notice with the earlier firmwares.

Ah ok sounds like Nigel is onto something there then - any more info please @Rayman.Chan - are the prototypes stuck on the earlier firmwares or should they work with the new ones (when the new bootloader is in place) please?

It was the night time footage which was why I thought I'd upgrade actually - will check it out in the morning :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S mini0906 19
J mini0906 4
Rayman.Chan mini0906 62
Rayman.Chan mini0906 25
Rayman.Chan mini0906 28
Back