0906 just died

tinman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, this is annoying, the 0906 just stopped working. Finally had hardwire kit wired up, all the wires ran nicely for the front and rear camera, got the parking guard mode to work...and out of the blue it just decide to stop working today.

When you say 'stop working' what did it do? Did it turn off and won't turn back on? Did it freeze?
Mine has actually frozen twice now, where the screen is on, the buttons beep but you can't do anything and it's not recording, the only way to fix it is to remove power and restart it. I need to try the latest firmware to see if this fixes the problem.

It wont' even power up. Going have to remove all the trims again to check on the hardwire kit. Hoping it's just the fuse got blown.

It wont' even power up. Going have to remove all the trims again to check on the hardwire kit. Hoping it's just the fuse got blown.

Did it stop working after you hard wire it? What wire kit did you use and where is it hooked up to?

Double check your wire. I saw something similar when I did my hardwire. It was my ground wire that was not grounding properly and cause it to not power up.
You can try to power up using the regular cigar lighter usb cable.

Have you checked to see if it will power up with the 12V DC power plug?

Have you checked to see if it will power up with the 12V DC power plug?

That is certainly the easiest thing to do to determine if it's the camera or the wiring.
You would not have to remove any of your wiring to test with the cigar Lighter adapter.

RodeoGeorge

My condolences. We’re all gonna die. But death is not the end.

Keep your head up, stay strong and be sure to listen to these people.

Found the problem, it's the hardwire kit. When reaching to the car, with the parking guard mode and the motion detect disabled, the module was very warm to the touch. This usually means one of the IC is burning way way power than it should. After removing the constant and then reconnecting, things work again, but the module is still way too hot.

So, do they sell the hardwire kit by itself?

Which hardwire kit was this?

Also, did you try resetting the camera with the reset button?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132337249906 If you need this hardwire,we can offer 5$ discount for you,thanks!
Best Regards,
Vicky

Found the problem, it's the hardwire kit. When reaching to the car, with the parking guard mode and the motion detect disabled, the module was very warm to the touch. This usually means one of the IC is burning way way power than it should. After removing the constant and then reconnecting, things work again, but the module is still way too hot.

So, do they sell the hardwire kit by itself?

@tinman

When you have a problem ... try sorting it out yourself first before posting and getting others involved.
It appears you are sorting the problem yourself in your own head ... and not bothering to answer any of the questions (above) that members are asking you in order to help you.

At least show a little courtesy and acknowledge those who are trying to help you out here...

@Nigel, this was the hardwire kit that came with the dash cam. The bundle is sold through Amazon under Veckle.

@Boostt, thanks for the link, have just place an order for two more. Going to dismantle one to see what makes it tick

@Moon, I post to vent @ 12PM, went down to the shop to borrow tools to strip the car by 2PM, then went and trace down the problem by 6PM, posted the update to this by 11PM. During this time, I was a little too busy in stripping the car, getting to the module, debugging the possible issues, then trace down the problem to continuously monitor and update this thread. So please forgive me for not replying to every post instantaneously.

Next time, try pressing the reset button on the camera before disassembling the car. I don't know if it would have helped, but it would be worth trying...

@Nigel, that would have been the first thing to try except in my case the power LEDs didn't even come on. Without any indication power was going to the cam, asserting reset did not seem to be a be a good course of action. The next thought was a possible loose connection on the hardwire kit. Of course, before ripping up the trims, a separate power source was tried, in this case, an USB charger connected to the cigarette socket. Now, the ACC signal used for the hardwire kit is also the same ACC going to this socket, which means the ACC signal to the hardwire kit should be good. Since the cam was working with a separate power source and the ACC signal is good, the only possible problem was the hardwire kit itself.

Try powering the front unit using the micro USB jack on the top next to the connector for the rear camera.
if it can power up that way it must be something with the hard wire kit or maybe in the mount.

@kamkar1, Already confirmed the cam is working OK. The hardwire kit is the culprit.

Thats nice :) my test sample died on me, sort of like yours did, but there was nothing wrong with the power grid here.

But it was a early pre production test sample, so i still have high hopes for the 0906

I was going to order another 0906 for further testing to see how badly hose the hardwire kit is (didn't want to yank out the front and rear cam from the car), but the Veckle version just ran out of stock from Amazon.

Yes, it is out of stock. The update version which include Built-in GPS mount will be in stock on amazon on about Oct. 10. Hope you would like our new mini 0906. ;)
I was going to order another 0906 for further testing to see how badly hose the hardwire kit is (didn't want to yank out the front and rear cam from the car), but the Veckle version just ran out of stock from Amazon.

Back