0906 & Parking Guard Kit

Gosha

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Dash Cam
1st mini0903 missing Long coord & 2nd mini0903 ?CMOS faulty
Hi,

I try to connect Parking Hardware Guard Kit from mini 0903 but unsuccessfully. To GPS, to cam,
rear cam with/without...

In 0903 this Kit must connect to body of the cam. Not to GPS stand.
What about mini 0906? After some tests in 0906 menu comes empty Video Resolution...
In LCD I see strange mode - HD P120..? Looks like Kit connect only Red (power) & Black (GND)
But does not wired Yelow (ACC).

Hi,

I try to connect Parking Hardware Guard Kit from mini 0903 but unsuccessfully. To GPS, to cam,
rear cam with/without...

In 0903 this Kit must connect to body of the cam. Not to GPS stand.
What about mini 0906? After some tests in 0906 menu comes empty Video Resolution...
In LCD I see strange mode - HD P120..? Looks like Kit connect only Red (power) & Black (GND)
But does not wired Yelow (ACC).
How did you get mini 0906 ? Did Medtech sent sample to you too ?

Yes MEGtech sent for me mini 0906 - I bought it for 1/2 price :)

for parking guard hardwire kit, you can plug the microUSB to either GPS mount and camera body (when no rear cam connected)
and you need to enable the Parking guard function in menu.

please remember to connect yellow cable to ACC to generate parking signal to camera.

I checked Parking mode video from 0906 and missed 2-3 seconds of video between switching Parking modes.
Is it 090x Parking mode "feature"? The same are in 0903.
Does other cams also missing some time of video between switching modes in Parking mode?
Finished :37 other starts :39
ParkingMode_II.png

Finished :58 other starts :01
ParkingMode_III.png

I checked Parking mode video from 0906 and missed 2-3 seconds of video between switching Parking modes.

thanks for your careful test on this,
is it the switching from normal recording to parking mode?

this have been updated to our engineer to check out but we need more information

Does other cams also missing some time of video between switching modes in Parking mode?

the other cams with "parking guard" function will turn off camera when vehicle parked.
if there is impact vibration detected by G-sensor, the camera will power on to recording 15 seconds then power off again (power from built-in Lith battery).

Sorry maybe I not clearly explain. I am connecting Kit & setting Parging mode in cam.
All videos are recorded only in Parking mode and algorithm looks like:
stand-by mode video recording (30 FPS 0906 1280x720 uncontrolled, in 0903 controlled 2, 5, 10 FPS & resolution);
activating "real" video recording by motion detection;
3 s delay;
"real" video recording;
activating stand-by mode recording;
2-3 s delay;
stand-by mode recording;

If I understand correctly in 20180124 firmware was added option - ALWAYS TIME LAPSE.
I guess this option will help save couple of important video frames.

I'm thinking of getting the 0906 for my next car but I'm curious about one thing. In regards to the parking mode rather than using the hard wire kit can you power the dashcam through a OBD cable? I'm currently using a OBD cable for my 0807 and they work perfectly fine but I don't know if this will work with the 0906. Any of the makers confirm if the 0906 can use the OBD cable for parking mode?

Back