0906 parking mode - powering from a large battery pack. Q

toffee_pie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a 0906 and want to record in parking mode, ideally for 3 days or as long as i can without recharging a battery pack. I dont want to use my car battery (the parking kit only gets me an over night recording from my car battery, if that at all)

I have a 23000mAh battery pack (adjustable output so can get to 5,12,16v etc), can I power the camera direct with this bypassing the park guard?

I am currently seeing how long this lasts without a recharge in parking mode.

thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric
I have recently hardwired my new dashcam using the same kit as yourself. Having hardwired directly to the cars electrics and not a battery pack I can only say that the dashcam only runs for a few minutes after exiting and locking the car, the system only records if the motion detector is activated and even then for a short period, I can only see that a battery pack would be needed when there is a lot of foot traffic passing your car when parked.
When I fitted the new system in my car I did however note that it takes up to 30 minutes of driving to fully recharge the capacitor/battery in the camera. Almost missed that point myself and I suspect this could one reason for some woes of people watching these posts.
When fixing in this new dual dashcam system I used the system that I have advised others to do, initially I plugged everything together to check all was OK, I then put everything into its permanent location, with the rear camera beware of side / curtain airbags, started the engine checked the information that will be stamped on any video files was correct. Having had this fitted for several days all is working correctly, have downloaded a few video files via the USB cable all videos very clear both day and night and the motion detect is working, I may adjust the recording time for this at a later time if needed.
The system I fitted was a
Mini 0906 dual dashcam.
If you check my previous posts on how to correctly fit a dashcam starting with a piggyback fuse you should not have any issues. Some seem to be having problems with the parking mode. Set it up according to the manual set the duration of the recording time and walk away have a cup of tea return after 30 mins and you should have a video showing you leaving and then returning to the car (the reason this may appear to be faulty is that you are within the detection zone, don't rely on the flashing lights for this as it is also connected to a timer).
Not all systems with flashing indicator lights will allow you turn these on/off. For this check manual or manufacturer's service dept.

^^ thanks for that - my install is fine, I have piggy back fuses and basically attached my battery pack output onto the red 'always' 12V line.

Is there any mode on parking guard which is most economical on juice? I have time lapse now with the yellow circle in the corner - I had a look a while ago and my battery dropped from 100% to about 88% after 3 hours or so.

I dont trust anyone nowadays so want the parking guard recording all the time.

Thanks for testing,and please PM me if any questions to use it!

well, my query was if different parking modes conserve more energy- I am going to try motion detection and see how that goes. I would like to leave my 23000mAH pack several days without recharging.

I assumed in motion detection it would only consume energy when a subject is detected? its quiet a power hungry device this..

I assumed in motion detection it would only consume energy when a subject is detected? its quiet a power hungry device this..

the only power saving comes from not recording when nothing happens, the CMOS sensor is still active the whole time to be able to register any movement, if you're wanting to record multiple days worth of footage though timelapse is really your best option otherwise you'll easily have overwritten half your footage before you get back anyway

There is another parking mode available is to use the G-sensor to reactivate the dash cam and start recording when any hit is detected then stop working when no physical movement is detected.

There is another parking mode available is to use the G-sensor to reactivate the dash cam and start recording when any hit is detected then stop working when no physical movement is detected.

this method is good for power consumption but the recordings start a second or so after the impact so not always an effective result

to make use of the G Sensor what mode do you select?

AUTO SWITCH LAPSE
ALWAYS TIME LAPSE
MOTION DETECTION
NORMAL RECORDING

Back