Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
current latest FW 4.24, have those bugs:
1, FW 4.24, REAR CAM FLIP is incorrect, misunderstanding by engineer, revised and under testing now;
2, FW 4.24, file name is 11A 12B 13A 14B 15A 16B, better to be 11A 11B 12A 12B 13A 13B ---- updated this and under long time recording test to verify;
3, FW 4.24, MEMORY ERROR notice when insert 64GB ---- please format in camera. will add FORMAT CARD notice
4, LEDs little dark ---- we reduced the light to make sure it will not be too glaring in night. Please share your thoughts. we can change this in mass production if it is necessary.
5, FW 4.24, GPS stamping location incorrect ---- move the radix point in GPS stamping

Last edited:
Okay here are what i have found so far from install and a short drive to the car wash.

1: where the rear camera plug in i think that would have been smarter if that plug was where the SD card is located, or at least on the top "side" of the main camera.
I have the camera installed on the left side of the dotter area in front of my rear view mirror with the camera to the left of the mount, this mean the micro USB for power come down from the headliner above and into the mount ( good ) but then the wire for the rear camera is on the bottom side of the main camera and i have to route it around the end to not block the LCD screen or the lens on the other side of the camera body. ( will update with pictures later today )

2: the file structure on the memory card are a little confusing, the video clips are bundled 2 and 2, but it is not the 2 video clips with the same time stamp.
If you select the "A" clip then the corresponding "B" clip are the "B" clip in the two video-clips below ( groups of 2 video-clips being split up by a text document with GPS data i assume )

3: as i set off from home the camera dident record much and the rear camera footage was upside down, but after i parked at gas station and then drove to the back of it to wash my car, after that all the rear camera footage are the right side up for the remainder of my little drive.
I think rear camera flip is set to off. but it is like camera have to be restarted a few times before it understand this.
I have the rear camera mounted upside down, and i must say one would thing this camera was made for my car and the magnet i have on the rear hatch, fits like a glove :)

4: The LED's on the camera are very weak, totally impossible to see on this partly sunny day, but even in the shade of a building i cant see the light in them.

5: Also got memory error on the 128 Gb U3 Toshiba card i use for testing, but after in camera format it seem to work good.

6: I seem to have the left side of the front camera a little out of focus, but i have captured a lot of plates as i would expect on a sunny day like this ( thin high cloud cover )
will have to see if i have not cleaned the lens good after i remover protective film on it.
Rear camera appear to have good focus all around.

7: i tried to make a event recording using the little remote button, and when i pressed it the camera LCD did come on for a second and then dimmed again, but i cant seem to find that event recording on the memory card, but it was also on start of my drive where camera did not record much, will retry this again later tonight.

Conclusions:
I threaded the rear camera wire down the left A-pillar to the floor, then out back and up the C- pillar to the roof, and then across the rear of my headliner to the middle of the rear window where camera is placed.
It appear to me with my little 5 door car, that if you have a larger sedan or maybe a station-wagon then the original wire will have to go the direct route over the headliner to reach out back.

will upload two 3 minute clips ( front and rear ) and then update this post soon.

Last edited:
Okay i just noticed some files i thought was missing are just named 0000000000 A or B, but this are not the missing manuel event recording i tried to make, but one of the 000000000 files are a 3 minute clip of me messing with the rear camera waiting for the washing tunnel to clear at the gas station, i would assume that's a G sensor triggered event recording though i do think i disabled that as i do on all my cameras.

This i will also have to look a little closer at later today.

It would be nice if event recordings went in a event folder.

Last edited:
Just back in too and looking at the footage.

Rear camera focus is good and handles my privacy glass much better than some other cameras I've tried (I've got the external cam inside the glass currently as I don't think there's enough run in the cable to reach outside. There's a bit more blur to the sides but think this is because the camera is battling the privacy glass with the auto exposure. Not sure if a privacy glass / tinted window option would be possible to keep the exposure a bit faster to minimise side blur. It's great at picking up numberplates of the cars behind though so you could argue it's doing it's job there regardless.

In my car (VW CC) I've got the mount to the top left of the camera and mounted just to the right of the rear view mirror. Cable wise I've then routed along the top left of the screen, down the A pillar and along the passenger side to the rear of the car and the provided cable is just a bit short so I've got some cable hang in the rear - as it's a non-standard cable at both ends I'm not sure how easily it would be to extend. Not sure if different cable lengths for the rear will be offered?

I noticed it doesn't sometimes shutdown properly when power is cut and just turns straight off and doesn't show the logo or make the shutdown sound. Maybe this is because it needs a minimum duration to power up the super capacitors as I have been testing. The old Panorama cameras used to show the capacitor charging state at bootup and wouldn't start to record until they were charged.

Likewise the issue with the rear flip I saw as I have installed it with the mount side at the top looking down out of the rear window - looking at the footage it's a bit random though and some were the right way around and others not but it's a known bug.

Focus as per @kamkar1 is also out on the left hand side on the front camera (more so than I can tell from @kamkar1's video) so maybe something is happening during assembly pushing on the lens.

Last edited:
hehe yeah, but that's also only the second wash my car have gotten this year. and it is also as always just the cheapest trip thru the machine.

Okay also spend money of new wiper blades, and that was also overdue.

In return on the savings my car will get no annual inspection this year, and my summer tires while not totally bald really should be changed but that will have to wait until spring 2018.

And the money i am using are the ones my little sister gave me for helping her move FRI - SAT - Sunday, OMG she have a lot of stuff :eek:

Nicely made, and very familiar to someone who already has an 0806 :) Nice box too.

Mine is also fuzzy on the front left, but I haven't removed the plastic lens protection yet...

My rear view is a mirror image, sometimes you want a mirror image if you are making a video with PIP so that it is the same as looking in the car's rear view mirror, but as the videos are 2 separate videos, shouldn't the number plates be readable instead of mirrored? It makes me feel sick watching it when things move the wrong way! If I want a PIP video then I will mirror it in the video editor...

I notice there is an option "Rotate Image 180" for the front camera.
But for the rear it is called "Rear Camera Flip".
Assuming that they both turn the image upside down, they should match - "ROTATE FRONT 180" and "ROTATE REAR 180".

When I tried the Rotate Image 180 it just flipped the display (and the buttons) on the front unit, whereas the rear camera flip seemed hit and miss - I'm not finding it's flipped though so number plates etc are readable here?

I'm not sure if it's possible to have seperate folders for the front and rear video (and the GPS logs) just to make it easier to combine clips in things like RV even if that isn't being developed any more (RIP Vadim).

I'm not sure if it's possible to have seperate folders for the front and rear video (and the GPS logs) just to make it easier to combine clips in things like RV even if that isn't being developed any more (RIP Vadim).
I think it is better to keep them all in one folder since there are other cameras with the same chipset so we want software that works with one to work with the others. Also, if you are playing them manually it is easier to find the rear video to match the front if they are all in the same folder and sorted by name, the rear should have the same name as the front but with B instead of A.

They do need the right names though, currently the rear is numbered 1 too high as kamkar said, so they don't match up.

The filenames are already over the 8.3 limit so the A & B could be changed to _Front and _Rear - they'd still sort correctly and be easier to understand for Joe Public though.

The player.txt file left on the root of the card references Registrator Viewer in there for Windows users which has problems with this current file layout which is why the separate folders would work better in that situation.

Admittedly RV won't have any further development so maybe the link needs changing to Dashcam Player (assuming it fully supports the videos and metadata) - one for @traveler I guess?

The filenames are already over the 8.3 limit so the A & B could be changed to _Front and _Rear - they'd still sort correctly and be easier to understand for Joe Public though.

The player.txt file left on the root of the card references Registrator Viewer in there for Windows users which has problems with this current file layout which is why the separate folders would work better in that situation.

Admittedly RV won't have any further development so maybe the link needs changing to Dashcam Player (assuming it fully supports the videos and metadata) - one for @traveler I guess?
The A and B I think come from Novatek and the other cameras that use this chipset also use A and B, maybe in future there will also be C and D. I would keep A and B for compatibility, it is not too hard to understand and is easy to remember.

Of course you might not use them for Front and Rear, you might have Wide and Narrow instead!

yes we have contacted Traveler to get support.
And if possible we would like to customize a exclusive player which have a special UI, which have been designed several months before.

5355.4****N, 149.1***W is the raw data from GPS, it should be 53.55****, -1.491**** if you want to locate in map.
I checked it is around Thomas M**** Rd*** Ltd, UK, is it there?

Last edited:
you can hold the OK button and turn on the camera, until the GPS test interface come out, there will be GPS signal and connecting time shown

stupid traffic light.
It should have a turn left light on this.
And the image quality is not ready good. I guess the wind shield was not clear.
Why dont you post a clip after you washed your car ?

5355.4215N, 149.1387W is the raw data from GPS, it should be 53.554215, -1.491387 if you want to locate in map.
I checked it is around Thomas Masters Rd*** Ltd, UK, is it there?
Thanks Rayman - it is showing the longtitude as 149 instead of 1.49 - I've deleted that post :)

Last edited:
Initial handheld tests with the unit I received seems to indicate decent focus across the FOV. Needs further in-vehicle testing to confirm.

stupid traffic light.
It should have a turn left light on this.
And the image quality is not ready good. I guess the wind shield was not clear.
Why dont you post a clip after you washed your car ?

we may found a strange focusing prolem because some tester feedback their left image is out of focus. we will check with engineers and workers tomorrow to find out what is going on; because every camera have been checked in focusing room and on road before shipping. we need to find out the real reason.

And if other testers got this focusing problem also, please let me know.
TKS
Rayman

Initial handheld tests with the unit I received seems to indicate decent focus across the FOV. Needs further in-vehicle testing to confirm.

Dashmellow, please help to share a clip to mega.nz then i will check the original video. our focus standard is in higher standard than the market that is why we built our-own focusing room.
TKS
Rayman

Last edited:
Back