1.007 firmware update breaks front camera

Gramercy

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
After installing 1.007 the gain on the front camera is completely maxed out. The recordings are washed out to an extent that it's impossible to see anything at all. I tried changing the brightness settings to 1, and I rebooted the camera. No luck. The rear camera is fine.
Screenshot_20180611-203142_BlackVue.jpg

Yes i can also confirm this .

So with this new release we have the dashcam with the worst WiFi support and now as a bonus the worst front cam

Attachments

• 54810FFF-56FC-495D-8082-78040C3F82B7.png
    54810FFF-56FC-495D-8082-78040C3F82B7.png
    496 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for the warning guys.:love: I'll steer clear of 1.007 then. It's nice to have early adopters around to warn the slowies of update failures/screw ups.:)

What are these f*cking updates ?
I'm happy to have not moved from 1.005

After installing 1.007 the gain on the front camera is completely maxed out. The recordings are washed out to an extent that it's impossible to see anything at all. I tried changing the brightness settings to 1, and I rebooted the camera. No luck. The rear camera is fine.
View attachment 38818
same here ! No good
View attachment 38818
same here ! Not good ,

I installed 1,006 back ok

Can confirm this.

It’s a shame, took me 5 minutes to find that Pittasoft has done it again. Front cam is a total failure after update to fw v1.007.

WIFI/Live View, Cloud/Live View and recorded files from front camera is totally useless.

Rear cam is okay.

Have sent email to support at Pittasoft with a couple of screenshots of the mess, will be interesting to read their excuses this time.

I have of course downgraded to v1.005 and everything is just fine again.

Screenshot_20180611-123437.jpg Screenshot_20180611-123510.jpg

Found this tread a little late and now have the ‘white out’ front camera. I’ll have to downgrade tomorrow, poo.

I’ve had my 750 for two weeks having upgraded from a 430 2ch.

I was really looking forward to the Wi-fi enabled features but have found the whole experience frustrating. Jumped on the firmware update hoping the problem I have been experiencing would be resolved. No such luck.

My recuring problem is the “incorrect Wi-fi password” message when connecting to the camera. Password is correct and only a system restart will sort it. Problem happens every third or forth time I connect.

Any ideas?

BMW i3 and Cellink B

My recuring problem is the “incorrect Wi-fi password” message when connecting to the camera. Password is correct and only a system restart will sort it. Problem happens every third or forth time I connect.

had you changed the password from the default setting?

On checking, I also have the white out problem grrrrrrrrr, why did I just buy this brand?

Anyone know where I can get version 1.05 please?

This is on the Blackvue site:
UPDATE (2018-06-12): we received reports of an issue with this version (front camera producing too bright/almost white videos).
We are investigating this issue and temporarily advise you to skip this version if you have not updated yet as we look for a solution.

Last edited:
Can confirm this.

It’s a shame, took me 5 minutes to find that Pittasoft has done it again. Front cam is a total failure after update to fw v1.007.

WIFI/Live View, Cloud/Live View and recorded files from front camera is totally useless.

Rear cam is okay.

Have sent email to support at Pittasoft with a couple of screenshots of the mess, will be interesting to read their excuses this time.

I have of course downgraded to v1.005 and everything is just fine again.

View attachment 38821 View attachment 38822

please upload v1.005 for DR750s 1CH

https://www.blackvue.com/downloads#1460710341510-e242903f-5343

UPDATE (2018-06-12): we received reports of an issue with this version (front camera producing too bright/almost white videos).
We are investigating this issue and temporarily advise you to skip this version if you have not updated yet as we look for a solution.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
If you already upgraded to 1.007, below are links to download the most stable recent version (1.005), which you can install over version 1.007 until we issue a fix:

had you changed the password from the default setting?

Hi Joklin.

I have only ever used the default password. Do you think it’s worth changing it or even removing it?

Appreciate your help.

Dan.

Hi Joklin.

I have only ever used the default password. Do you think it’s worth changing it or even removing it?

Appreciate your help.

Dan.

if it's at the default setting still and you have problems then the issue is probably not something you're doing wrong

Only just updated to 1.006, and saw 1.007 was out, didn't have time last night to update, and glad I checked here so i'll not be bothering with 1.007! Thanks guys!

1.007 is not available anymore for update via mobile app... and on their page there is also a note about this... and they suggest to use the latest stable version 1.005 ... So i'm now back to 1.005 on my DR750S-1CH ...

Well, I'm glad they made a statement and took down the link at least.
Notice they said go down to 1.005.

WONDER WHY:eek: /S

Because 1.007 breaks the front camera.:ROFLMAO:

Back