1 month old A119 V3 Stuck on Logo screen in bootloop

UnapologeticCanuck

Reaction score
Country
Canada
After a month my VIOFO A119 V3 decided to stop functioning properly and is now stuck on the VIOFO red logo and keeps repeating the boot sound over and over.

What I tried:
- Firmware downgrade to 1.02, 1.01 and 1.00.
- Plugging in directly with MicroUSB of the car.
- Plugging in directly with a USB wall charger.
- Pressing the reset button and holding it for 30 seconds.
- Reformatting my MicroSD.

I don't understand what's going on. It seems like it can't start recording and is stuck on that (red REC button). It can downgrade/upgrade firmware as I see the green light of the power button.

Is there some form of debug mode? Or Factory reset of settings?

Sound like you will have to RMA that camera.

USB outlets in cars are often very weak, you should use the provided power source.

I tried to use it in the wall too.
I asked the price for an RMA they told me I'll have to ship it back to China. Which means I'll probably have to spend months without a dashcam, which is a pretty big risk in a city where everyone's hand seems to hurt too much to put the blinker on.
I'll attempt to open it and replug the sensor module.

After a month my VIOFO A119 V3 decided to stop functioning properly and is now stuck on the VIOFO red logo and keeps repeating the boot sound over and over.

What I tried:
- Firmware downgrade to 1.02, 1.01 and 1.00.
- Plugging in directly with MicroUSB of the car.
- Plugging in directly with a USB wall charger.
- Pressing the reset button and holding it for 30 seconds.
- Reformatting my MicroSD.

I don't understand what's going on. It seems like it can't start recording and is stuck on that (red REC button). It can downgrade/upgrade firmware as I see the green light of the power button.

Is there some form of debug mode? Or Factory reset of settings?
You provably have... but have you tried removing the sd card and see if it makes any difference? the reason I ask is because I had a similar issue with one of my viofos's before and the problem was the sd card. once I removed it, the camera initialized normally.

Who is your contract with in Canada ?

In the UK for example, if you have a warranty issue it's the retailer who has to sort it out. Manufacturers don't get involved with end users.

Makes getting a new one quicker.

You provably have... but have you tried removing the sd card and see if it makes any difference? the reason I ask is because I had a similar issue with one of my viofos's before and the problem was the sd card. once I removed it, the camera initialized normally.

Yes I have. Nada.

Who is your contract with in Canada ?

In the UK for example, if you have a warranty issue it's the retailer who has to sort it out. Manufacturers don't get involved with end users.

Makes getting a new one quicker.

Amazon. So now it depends on the manufacturer. Which isn't answering.

Back