1. Park Surveillance Night is over -> Question

Gallier

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A 128 Duo
Good Morning.

The first night with park surveillance is over.
My 129 duo recorded 10 minutes of 300MB movies for each camera.
The park monitoring I have set to low bit rate.
Is this a normal value or too big or too small?

Good Morning.

I installed the parking cable today.
Parking mode is set to 3fps ...
Each camera recorded 238mb for 20 minutes

Adsız.png

I do not need my camera to film that much, I have to read the manual and figure out the settings I need. I have not filmed anything yet and I may not use the parking mode as some on here suggest

I do not need my camera to film that much, I have to read the manual and figure out the settings I need. I have not filmed anything yet and I may not use the parking mode as some on here suggest
If you do not want to record continuously in parking mode, turn off time lapse parking mode and activate the motion and impact sensor

Some people are having issues with the g-sensor when using buffered parking mode with this cam, but I think the standard parking mode still works correctly. It just has a couple seconds delay between sensor detection and beginning of recording. In most parking situations that's usually adequate.

With the cams I have, I run one continuously which gives me parking protection. I did the math a couple years ago and it came out to around $0.25 per day in extra card wear for one cam and probably the same for wear on the van battery. I figure it's worth the cost to have the protection. Using a cam like that voids the warranty but so far no cam has failed me using it that way, but I have had some cheap PS's die as well as having a card wear out somewhere in the night which I had to replace the next morning.

Phil

Good Morning.

Low bitrate on the A129 is about 30Mb per minute, so yes, 300MB for a 10 minute file sounds right

Back