100% External batteries dead by morning

Eskat8r

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this situation. I've had 100% battery power during a normal mid-day and parked using Powercell 8 and Cellink Neo ext 7 combined. By the morning I've woken up to completly dead batteries. I can go for 2 weeks with no problems..parking mode/ wire connections are good etc... The pic shows 83% just to show there working.
Any idea's!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211121-181225_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211121-181225_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this situation. I've had 100% battery power during a normal mid-day and parked using Powercell 8 and Cellink Neo ext 7 combined. By the morning I've woken up to completly dead batteries. I can go for 2 weeks with no problems..parking mode/ wire connections are good etc... The pic shows 83% just to show there working.
Any idea's!!
Can you give more detail?
Is the charging system working in your vehicle.
Have you checked if you have a current drain on your battery of the car?

Charging system is working, if not the external batteries wouldn't get charged, correct?
I haven't checked the car battery yet. Do you think the car battery is feeding of the externals sometimes... some how?

Charging system is working, if not the external batteries wouldn't get charged, correct?
I haven't checked the car battery yet. Do you think the car battery is feeding of the externals sometimes... some how?

Do you have the batteries correctly hardwired for charging? Or are you charging via the 12V socket? Has the system worked perfectly and now just started showing troubles or have the batteries always been drained? Are you sure there isn't a bad battery in your chain of batteries. I believe you stated you have 7 batteries hooked together.

Do you have the batteries correctly hardwired for charging? Or are you charging via the 12V socket? Has the system worked perfectly and now just started showing troubles or have the batteries always been drained? Are you sure there isn't a bad battery in your chain of batteries. I believe you stated you have 7 batteries hooked together.

The batteries are correctly hardwired. Had a dashcam installer do the work.
No 12v socket charging. Hard wired to through fuse.
Its not often. Once In a blue, the batteries will go from a full charge in the afternoon to 0 charge by the mornimg.
I don't believe there's a bad battery, cause the numbers after charging look good.
I don't have 7 hooked together. I have two, Power Cell 8 and Cellink Neo 7 ext.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211122-110806_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-110806_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20211122-111042_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-111042_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 7
@750 LTE Plus
After this has happened can you start your car or do you need a jump start?
Do the battery packs feed the cars 12V system? I’m assuming they do in my answer.

It’s possible that any component in your car could drain your batteries.
It could be as simple headlights being left on.

A faulty alternator?
It will work perfectly while the engine is running. When the engine is off the the alternator’s diode rectifier will leak current to ground.

Cheers.

@750 LTE Plus
After this has happened can you start your car or do you need a jump start?
Do the battery packs feed the cars 12V system? I’m assuming they do in my answer.

It’s possible that any component in your car could drain your batteries.
It could be as simple headlights being left on.

A faulty alternator?
It will work perfectly while the engine is running. When the engine is off the the alternator’s diode rectifier will leak current to ground.

Cheers.
Car can start, just the battery packs are dead.
The battery packs are hardwired only to be charged when the car is on.

Attachments

• 20211122_121502.jpg
    20211122_121502.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 11
Car can start, just the battery packs are dead.
The battery packs are hardwired only to be charged when the car is on.

Do you have a wiring diagram? That would help.
You mentioned the car can be off for a period of time. How long.
How do you use this setup.
How many days are your dash cam/s running on the batteries.
When do you notice this happening.

It could be possible that the external batteries charge the car battery. It would be a slow charge and only to a voltage equal to what the units output. I say slow relative to an alternator.

Last edited:
Do you have a writing diagram? That would help.
You mentioned the car can be off for a period of time. How long.
How do you use this setup.
How many days are your dash cam/s running on the batteries.
When do you notice this happening.

It could be possible that the external batteries charge the car battery. It would be a slow charge and only to a voltage equal to what the units output. I say slow relative to an alternator.
I'm going to test the Power cell 8, to see how many hours I can get. If It's close to advertised time, then I know it's the Cellink Neo 7 Ext that's giving me issues.

I'm going to test the Power cell 8, to see how many hours I can get. If It's close to advertised time, then I know it's the Cellink Neo 7 Ext that's giving me issues.

I would test each battery on their own. Make sure both are working properly. Also, the batteries should be hardwired as ACC. Meaning they charge when the car is started. Are all the batteries initiating charging when the car engine has been turned on?

Also, the other issue could be fuse selection. Maybe the fuse you selected is tied into another system and is conflicting. Canbus systems is a major issue on modern cars.

Troubleshooting here is going to be a process of elimination.

I would test each battery on their own. Make sure both are working properly. Also, the batteries should be hardwired as ACC. Meaning they charge when the car is started. Are all the batteries initiating charging when the car engine has been turned on?

Also, the other issue could be fuse selection. Maybe the fuse you selected is tied into another system and is conflicting. Canbus systems is a major issue on modern cars.

Troubleshooting here is going to be a process of elimination.
That's the plan, don't know How I can test the Cellink Neo... It doesn't have the connections like the Power Cell 8. Notice it only has in/out connections

Attachments

• 20211122_121502.jpg
    20211122_121502.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 2
That's the plan, don't know How I can test the Cellink Neo... It doesn't have the connections like the Power Cell 8. Notice it only has in/out connections

I don't know what you mean? You mean test it directly to the camera? Then you'd need to buy an accessory to do so.

if thats an app displaying state of charge .... are you sure you ve calibrated it to be 100% when it is ...
if i fail to do this on my motorhome set up the app can reacd way more power than i have

I don't know what you mean? You mean test it directly to the camera? Then you'd need to buy an accessory to do so.

Sorry, I'm going to test the Power Cell 8 for a few days, to make sure its working correctly. If it does, I'll know its the Cellink Neo that's the issue.

Sorry, I'm going to test the Power Cell 8 for a few days, to make sure its working correctly. If it does, I'll know its the Cellink Neo that's the issue.

Well you need to do process of elimination. They do make adapter kits to allow for the hardwire kits to attach the cellink neo. Either way, the best thing to do in troubleshooting is start simple and eliminate one thing at a time.

Well you need to do process of elimination. They do make adapter kits to allow for the hardwire kits to attach the cellink neo. Either way, the best thing to do in troubleshooting is start simple and eliminate one thing at a time.
Exactly, appreciate yours and everyones elses help. Once I find out, I'll post results.

if thats an app displaying state of charge .... are you sure you ve calibrated it to be 100% when it is ...
if i fail to do this on my motorhome set up the app can reacd way more power than i have
How do you calibrate it?

Exactly, appreciate yours and everyones elses help. Once I find out, I'll post results.
So, I tested the Power Cell 8 separately and it was working fine. The Cellink Neo I assumed was not working properly, because it wouldn't take long after connecting it, that I'd get the weird battery readings off the app and getting up in the morning, with totally dead batteries.

My assumption is, when I thought I was reading two batteries on the app it was just reading one. Maybe a glitch somwhere. I sent both back and got two new one's. Working good so far. The app is showing two, like it should. Any changes, I write up asap.

The batteries are correctly hardwired. Had a dashcam installer do the work.
No 12v socket charging. Hard wired to through fuse.
Its not often. Once In a blue, the batteries will go from a full charge in the afternoon to 0 charge by the mornimg.
I don't believe there's a bad battery, cause the numbers after charging look good.
I don't have 7 hooked together. I have two, Power Cell 8 and Cellink Neo 7 ext.
How are you getting 75 hours of Useable time with only the Powercell 8 + Cellink Extended together? I recently purchased the Powercell 8 + Cellink NEO Extended and get only 36 hours of Useable time. BBMyCar techs said 36 hours of Useable time is normal. Kind of disappointed as my previous BBMyCar Bi-750 + Be-750 would regularly have 70-80 hours of Useable time. I was using the Viofo A129 Duo. I now use the Viofo A139 (for now, only the Front and Interior cam, Parking Mode in low bitrate).

Last edited:
Back