1060P60N file errors - Firmware or user problem?

Sparktastic

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

Just returned from a holiday and took 38 videos using 1080P60 in high bitrate mode.

Files 1-13 play fine, but everything after is unrecognizable by the camera or by windose.

Can anyone help?

The file sizes seem about right, but nothing plays them.

Last edited:
Just tested mine in 1080P60 Narrow and it works fine.

What firmware are you using?

You could try a video file recovery tool, maybe Registrator Viewer and see if it can pull the frames out...

Hi all,

Just returned from a holiday and took a heap of videos using various resolutions.
However, on all the videos taken with 1060P60(N), I am getting a file error when trying to play back on the camera. Also, I cannot view any of these videos on my PC as VLC and other players are telling me the files are unreadable.

Can anyone help?

The file sizes seem about right, but nothing plays them.

Further to the above...

All of the unrecognizable files have no video information in the properties fields when viewed in file explorer in Windows.

Just tested mine in 1080P60 Narrow and it works fine.

What firmware are you using?

You could try a video file recovery tool, maybe Registrator Viewer and see if it can pull the frames out...

Tried that. It didnt work sadly.

Looks like I've got about 10Gb worth of useless video :(

Not happy..

Very interesting...

I had a total of 38 video files that I had recorded on my holiday. The files ranged in size between 5mb and right up to 1.2Gb.

Everything up to file 13 plays fine, including a couple of >1Gb files. But, everything after file 13 is unrecognizable.
No parameters were changed between file 13 and file 14.

Just tried to record a couple more very short videos with a lower resolution and lower bitrate (file's 39 & 40) and they are not recognizable/playable either.

Can anyone else confirm?

Running V1.5B_0422 firmware

Running a Sandisk Ultra class 10 64Gb card.

The first 13 files add up to 7.7Gb and play normally.

The remaining files (14-38) add up to 10.7Gb and none play or are recognized by the camera or by windows.

Sure you don't have a fake card, stopping just shy of 8gb is what can happen with faked cards

Sure you don't have a fake card, stopping just shy of 8gb is what can happen with faked cards

You nailed it!

Just used 'Fakeflashtest' to test the card and it came up as only 8Gb despite supposedly formatting to 64Gb!

F*cking dodgy card sellers :(

I've lost treasured family memories because of this.

Will try and rename this thread to reflect the result.

Cheating Bastards :mad:

A good rule of thumb is never go too cheap on memory cards, and if possible buy at local B&M store.

I have streched myself to buying a couple of cards VIA Amazon.UK, only to get a wider brand gamut to choose from, and beeing in "EU ville" no additional taxes or fees.

Cheating Bastards :mad:

A good rule of thumb is never go too cheap on memory cards, and if possible buy at local B&M store.

I have streched myself to buying a couple of cards VIA Amazon.UK, only to get a wider brand gamut to choose from, and beeing in "EU ville" no additional taxes or fees.
Might need to stock up soon, before we leave, might be a few more years before you join us ;)

Another good rule of thumb is to test everything out well before going on holiday, never use anything new or even new features when something is important.

Unfortunately, if the memory didn't actually exist, not even Hollywood can get the data back :(

As i undestnd it by the "wise" ppl here, if the UK leave the EU then the whole world would collapse.

Offcourse thats not how it work, but a whole lot of ppl here will think that.

As i said before we need to make a limited Viking region cooperative, but offcourse only by the functioning parts of the old Viking empire.

Need to forget everything east of Sweden, as thats just a bees nest of truble.

As i undestnd it by the "wise" ppl here, if the UK leave the EU then the whole world would collapse.

Offcourse thats not how it work, but a whole lot of ppl here will think that.

As i said before we need to make a limited Viking region cooperative, but offcourse only by the functioning parts of the old Viking empire.

Need to forget everything east of Sweden, as thats just a bees nest of truble.
That would also get rid of London, the Vikings never got there, but it would include most of my favourite parts of the UK and Isle of Man :)

London we can keep, must be a better financial hub that Copenhagen or any of the other skandinavian financial centers.

The Norwegians will proberly only join up if they get a special deal as they are loaded up there and proberly think they have to pay the bill.

You nailed it!

Just used 'Fakeflashtest' to test the card and it came up as only 8Gb despite supposedly formatting to 64Gb!

F*cking dodgy card sellers :(

I've lost treasured family memories because of this.

Will try and rename this thread to reflect the result.

ok, did expect that would be the result but sorry to hear it all the same

@Sparktastic promised to change the title name to something like Just 8GB recorded on a 64GB fake card.

@kamkar1 I see the thread is now a little offtopic about Vikings, but I like to read.
I remember 20 years ago, at the border between Danmark and Germany some danish told me that Danmark was someday something great and Germany was nothing. But when looking at the map Germany is so big and Danmark so small (except Groenland!).
Can you explain why is Denmark number one compared to other countries around you?
And make a top, for example
1. Danmark (because of...)
2. Norway (because of...)
3. Sweden (because of...)
4. Feroe
5. Iceland
6. @Nigel Land (?)
7. Scotland
8. Wales
9. Ireland
10. Finland
11. Germany (because of...)

I am serious, but I want a very very short story.

enjoy,
Mtz

...But when looking at the map Germany is so big and Danmark so small (except Groenland!).
Germany has only existed since 1871, the Vikings have ruled our seas with their trade and the worlds biggest ships trading from Romania to Canada for over 1,000 years before that, I believe they still have the worlds biggest cargo ships - Maersk is Danish.

Viking history is very different to that of southern Europe, even has a completely different writing system: Runes

Reactions: Mtz
I belive there is even some viking grafitti to be found in the hagia sophia moske in istanbul, proberly made by some viking mercenary.
And if you visit museums here you can see the guys traded and raided far and wide in the world.

I think the "Danes" back then was a more outgoing ppl, it is funny cuz to me it seem like ppl have allways tried to get the hell out of here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimbri The Cimbri from my part of Denmark was just some of them.

Regarding the British you can to this day still see out influence in the way it is governed, they now have the house of commons and the house of lords.

Back then we had the "byting" that was a local place where all from a town ( by ) could meet and discuss things ( Ting meaning meetingplace )
Above the local "Byting" was 2 more levels of "ting" the top one only beeing made up of representatives from the different parts of the land.
The top ting was only for the big things like going to war.
Vikings dident have prisons, most things was settled with fines, or i guess mano a mano.

Even today you can allso see the connection here as our govening pody / our parlement is called "Folketinget" and that use to be called "Landstinget"

Today i cant see we are anything special, at least not in a posetive way.
Sure we are worle leaders in alternative energy, but really any one can copy us and do the same if the will to do it is there.
We are suposedly the most happy ppl in the world, why i dont know all ppl whine at least as much as i do.

I do think if we dident turn onto the wrong path like we did decades ago we could still be somthing really special, but now our problems is no longer bad kings, now its bad politicians that is glued to ther chair in our parlement and they will only leave it for ther own kids when the time come.
And untill then they will do all they can to avoid the big questions and decisions, cuz they know if they make the "bad" decisions that everywhere need to be taken then the stupid voters will not vote for them again come next election.

The latter is why i think the only good ppl / party to vote for is those thats only in contention every 10 - 20 - 30 years, and sadly we have no such party here.

Politics ( and many other things in life ) is about getting things done, and thats both good and bad things.
But then voters is allso pretty stupid, when i was voting i allways felt stupid when i had put my X down on the paper, and during the following 4 years i allways feel cheated by the ppl i voted for.

And i dont like that feeling so i stopped voting, but every day i pray that there will come some one i can vote for again, and meanwhile i feel even more sad and stupid.

A really popular past time here is running around in fields with metal detectors, so much more fun here than say a young nation like the US.

Regarding the British you can to this day still see out influence in the way it is governed, they now have the house of commons and the house of lords.

Back then we had the "byting" that was a local place where all from a town ( by ) could meet and discuss things ( Ting meaning meetingplace )
Above the local "Byting" was 2 more levels of "ting" the top one only beeing made up of representatives from the different parts of the land.
Called "Tinvaal" on the Isle of Man, which claims the oldest parliament in the world with over 1000 years of continuous operation: http://www.tynwald.org.im/Pages/default.aspx , the UK parliament is relatively recent, created to remove power from our kings.

Reactions: Mtz
Back