1080/60p bitrate, camera click sound, and deleting files

The night quality on my still running 2015 B40 A118C was such that even plates right in front of or next to you at similar speeds like this would be blurry, and that was without a polarizer. Plates right in front of you would tend to get washed out in headlights due to inferior dynamic range also. That was the first thing I noticed about the original Street Guardian SG9665GC V2 I bought in 2016(?), was the way better night quality. I'm still a little miffed that that one died an early death due to non-replaceable RTC battery failure. My short 1 mile commute did it in, but I believe in @jokiin and the SG crew so have doubled down! ;)

QUESTION - if you're close enough to either the beginning or the end of a 1/2/3/5 minute clip when you hit the save button, does it now save the previous or next clip also? If so, just wondering what the cutoff is for timing on that. I'm finding extra clips in my RO folder that don't appear to be pothole/vibration related.

Saving the file before is a great feature, is the DR going to work the same way? Even with the problems with my Blackvue in the jeep, I am holding off on a replacement. I want to see how the DR works out for me as side cameras in the Sonata first. I am liking that remote trigger idea too.

Yeah this new regime of handling event files are much better than anything before, only downside is events now take up more room, but with larger memory carts being cheaper and events also recycling after all it is a minor problem.
The little bluetooth remote event triggers are nice, really it is a small pain to lean forward and press a small button on a camera behind the mirror.

The bluetooth remote trigger on my A129 Duo (side-facing cameras, buttons out of reach) really is very useful. I hope the DR has something similar, either wired or wireless.

If you hit the button and it's less than half way through it also saves the file before, if it's more than half way through it also saves the file after
Is that irrespective of the clip duration?

The DR will have to have that, cuz most will place the main unit out of reach / sight.
And assume it is a BT button, though it could probably be wired too.

Especially seeing as some will find the DR ideal for side cams, surely there will be a wired or wireless button for triggering a user mark without having to reach for the main body or the camera camera lens itself.

Back