128GB card issues in LK-7700

cg123

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello. I recently installed a LK-7700 camera with a Kingston 128GB SDXC card (SDX10V/128GB). The card is listed as a class 10 card (h2testw output below).

I've been getting SD card failure messages after the card has been working for a short time (usually after 30-45 minutes). Ejecting and re-inserting the card sometimes enables recording to work again but usually it does not. I've formatted the card in the camera several times but it does not make a difference. I also did a format in Lukas viewer.

When I check the last recorded video file, it will not play in the Lukas viewer and in VLC it plays okay up until near the end of the file when it abruptly ends. The total time is displayed as 0:00, so it seems to have some corruption and didn't close properly.

Has anyone successfully used this card or another lower cost 128GB card in the LK-7700? The Lukas branded card is too expensive for me, so I may look at trying a different 64GB card instead. I just put a Sandisk Extreme 30Mbs/s 32GB card into the camera and it's been okay so far but hasn't been in long enough to be sure. The 8GB card that came with the camera works okay.

H2testw output:
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 15.5 MByte/s
Reading speed: 40.5 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

I have not personally gone up as high as 128Gb card but I am using a 32Gb transcend card in my Lk-7900 ace and it seems fine. Have you formatted the card in the camera. I got 2 x 64Gb Kingston cards for my DSLR which I may try in the camera at some point.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I tried formatting in camera several times but it still fails after a while. I guess the card is just not compatible.

Hello. I recently installed a LK-7700 camera with a Kingston 128GB SDXC card (SDX10V/128GB). The card is listed as a class 10 card (h2testw output below).

Hi cg123,

I recently purchased two identical SDX10V 128GB cards for my LK-7900. One has been working fine for a couple of weeks, and the other had exactly the issues you describe and I have returned it to the retailer (Amazon). Because one worked and one didn't, I suspect that the 7900 works at the design limits of the cards and so even the most minor defects are exposed, so we both had a defective one. I have also used another decent 64GB card for the past year without any issues.

Hope that helps.

Back