128gb High Endurance memory card

JohnnyMnemonic

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo / Viofo A119 Pro
Is anyone aware of a legitimate 128gb high endurance memory card? I was hoping by now SanDisk would have released a 128gb version of their high endurance card but seems they still only have the 32 and 64gb version.

The Transcend ‘Premium 400x’ 128gb card isn’t listed as high endurance but I’ve read some places it is a good option for dash cams. Anyone have input on this card?

Also, does anyone have input on the Samsung EVO Select line of cards for dashcam use?

Thanks for any help, it’s appreciated.

Thanks DT MI, I hadn’t thought to read the warranty for the various cards. I wonder sometimes if the whole memory card thing with not using certain brands is ‘overrated’. I mean I know some brands just don’t play nice with certain cams but I don’t know if the branding of high endurance is always a must.

I’ve been using a Samsung Evo Plus 128gb card (the red Samsung card) for over a year and it never failed in my previous cam. Now that I upgraded to an A119 v2 I’m thinking of grabbing a new card because after 15 months of constant writes and rewrites maybe the card should be replaced before it fails when I need it.

Edit: I just saw and have been reading through this long yet VERY informative thread about memory cards so sorry to even start this one. Man, there is so much more involved with these cards then I thought, lol. For simplicity sake it is too bad SanDisk just won't launch a 128gb version of their high endurance cards...

Last edited:
I've been using PNY 128GB cards in my cameras for a couple of years now with no card issues. They're not labeled as high endurance but PNY does not exclude dash cam usage under their warranty either.

http://pny.com/mega-consumer/shop-all-products/flash-memory-cards
Interesting that you say you have been using PNY 128GB cards for a couple of years without issue. A PNY 128GB card was included in the shipment of my BlackVue camera and it was nothing but trouble. After running for some period of time, it would go into the "Check SD Card" repeating voice message. I would tell it to reformat and, after a while, it would do it again. I have been using a SanDisk 256GB card for about 18 months now. And while it has not been without its own problems, it is FAR FAR better than the supplied PNY. I had a similar problem when I tried a Patriot 128GB card. Like the PNY, it would go into the "Check SD Card" loop after a while.

I have run other tests on both the PNY and Patriot cards and they work just fine in my digital cameras, so I have relegated them to that job.

I am about to run yet another test, reducing my forward camera resolution from FHD to HD to see if that helps with some of the spontaneous resets I see, even in cooler weather.

We warranty the card along with the dashcam for our card bundled dashcam listings. (2 years on new 2018 models) USA stock is a combination of Samsung EVO and Sandisk "A1"

...I have been using a SanDisk 256GB card for about 18 months now. And while it has not been without its own problems, it is FAR FAR better than the supplied PNY. I had a similar problem when I tried a Patriot 128GB card. Like the PNY, it would go into the "Check SD Card" loop after a while...I have run other tests on both the PNY and Patriot cards and they work just fine in my digital cameras,...

Maybe the problem is not with the memory card(s). Seems the one common factor is the BlackVue camera. :unsure:

Maybe the problem is not with the memory card(s). Seems the one common factor is the BlackVue camera. :unsure:

they try and restrict what cards their cameras will work with in the firmware, strange thinking but it's the way they do things

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on a SanDisk 128 gig extreme plus card that I snagged on sale at Best buy today. I've previously been using Samsung Evo 32 gig cards in my dash cams with out any issues.

Attachments

• 20180528_223645.jpg
    20180528_223645.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 13
I am starting to come to that conclusion also. I have run about all the memory tests I can think of and none of my 3 different brand chips run clean. The two different 128GB chips are unusable because I get the repeating "Check SD Card" message with either of them. My SanDisk 256GB is the best, although not perfect. I know I am not taxing the camera speed wise because I lowered the FHD/HD capture to just HD/HD capture and the problems remained. I have also tried plugging my camera into a separate 12V power system. Using the regular accessory adapter in the car would cause a reset almost every time I started the car due to sagging voltage. But even on a pure steady battery supply, the camera will perform a reset a couple of times per day. And this reset can occur in cooler weather, not just warmer weather and when it is in a steady normal driving state. I haven't learned anything from looking at the log files the camera generates.

Back