128GB Micro Sd

Jack Daniel

Reaction score
Country
Canada
FWIW, I put in a 128GB Scan Disk, no warnings or alerts. I formatted it through my phone. So far all good.scan disk 128gb.jpg

The 256gb version works well in mine with the .03 firmware. I haven't tried anything higher yet. I use guiformat on the pc. Not everyone has been as lucky with these larger cards as us.

Only fit for a phone...

These short term reviews , incorrect memory type cards are not the right message .

Why pay over 4x the money for a so called correct memory type when they might, if you're lucky, get you 2x the usage? There are people that have problems with so called correct types, so you can't say they are flawless. I am not saying these are flawless either. If it works, use it. If it doesn't work, don't use it. 20 plus cycles with not a glitch, I wouldn't call that short term. The SanDisk A1 is a pretty darn good card, some manufacturers even recommend them. Besides, the larger the card, the less wear and tear on the card due to less write cycles.

Jack your gamble worked, its just pure luck if you get a working 128gb or larger working in a f7xx. it depends on the batch. I noticed those made in the last year or so will not accept, those made earlier will.

I've had my original 64gb thinkware branded card in the camera for just under 2 years and it's still working. I drive around 15k miles a year. Definitely worth buying the legitimate card in my opinion as the other cheaper ones just won't have the same longevity due to being cheaper tlc nand. Tlc nand will wear out much much faster.

Well, it's January 5 2019 and I'm still using the 128gb card with no faults .

I've had my original 64gb thinkware branded card in the camera for just under 2 years and it's still working. I drive around 15k miles a year. Definitely worth buying the legitimate card in my opinion as the other cheaper ones just won't have the same longevity due to being cheaper tlc nand. Tlc nand will wear out much much faster.
I do same milage at 3.5years. Will tell you when mine kicks the bucket. Worth keeping the original 16gb as spare in the even of a accident or it randomly stopping working

Back