128GB SD cards have really fallen in price!

Omega-TI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH
Back when I bought my BlackVue 900S-2CH they wanted a LOT of extra money for the 128GB as opposed to the 64GB SD card that I ended up with. Now, six months later, the price for the recommended SD card is about $20.00! (y)

Check out << THIS LINK >>, it'll take you to the right place to see for yourself!

Even the << Samsung 128GB Pro Endurance >> is down to $35.00

Last edited:
I got the new Kingston endurance care a while back, at a favorable price, cuz the moment i paid for mine the price went up with +50%
But in general a endurance card ( 128 Gb ) are still around 52 USD here, but thats not just the steep Danish salex tax, also the greed and cartels of retailers.

Back when I bought my BlackVue 900S-2CH they wanted a LOT of extra money for the 128GB as opposed to the 64GB SD card that I ended up with. Now, six months later, the price for the recommended SD card is about $20.00! (y)

Check out << THIS LINK >>, it'll take you to the right place to see for yourself!

Even the << Samsung 128GB Pro Endurance >> is down to $35.00
Price should fall in 2019...

I would like to buy a 256GB memory card ( endurance / dashcam warranty ) though i still feel 128GB are adequate for 2 channels.

A 256Gb card can last about 21 hours on our dual-lens dashcam before its memory full :)

Now everyone can afford to use low bitrate parking mode 24/7 and remove the risk of event detection failing to detect events :)

"motion detection" and "time lapse" will be removed from the menu if load low bitrate parking mode?

"motion detection" and "time lapse" will be removed from the menu if load low bitrate parking mode?
Using low bitrate parking mode, people will still want to lock the files on g-sensor. Some people might want to lock the files on motion detection, but maybe not very many?

I don't think many people use time-lapse? It doesn't save much memory card space unless it is less than 5 fps, and at 1 fps it is very easy to miss things.

Now everyone can afford to use low bitrate parking mode 24/7 and remove the risk of event detection failing to detect events :)

I dunno about that. I'd like to use it, but I've not popped on that overly-priced battery yet. Yikes!

I dunno about that. I'd like to use it, but I've not popped on that overly-priced battery yet. Yikes!
Good point, we need our cameras to be more power efficient!

For people who drive enough then they can use the car battery, or if not then use a low voltage cut-off and only record 10/5 like me! I would still rather use low-bitrate parking mode and be 100% certain to catch the events while there is enough power to record (ie all the time I am parked in a supermarket car park). All cameras with a very low power event detection only record after the event and only if they detect the event, so there is a good chance of catching nothing useful, cameras with buffered parking use almost the same power as low bitrate parking, but can miss events.

With low bitrate around for parking, i would not use time lapse ( which was my plan ) and motion detect are just silly on anything but a game / trail camera.
Low bitrate also give me sound which i feel are a big + too, now we just need dashcam makers to include a outside microphone too.

Such a MIC i was thinking could be clipped on the cabin end of the hood, or maybe snapped up into the door window recess like those wind deflectors.
This MIC of course have to be water proof, and should engage automatic when in parking mode or with a button press for roadside mode
So camera would be stereo R mic record inside cabin like now L mic record outside, so just need to toggle in between the 2 sides depending on the scenario.

Getting ready for the day I'll buy BlackVue's over-priced battery for recording when the car is parked...

I got my BlackVue with 128Gb and have been running it with mostly default settings with parking mode enabled since late April - I had noticed that it was recording basically 24x7, sensing motion in even the sky movement or bare lux changes at night. The BlackVue card died after 3 weeks (bricked) - latest firmware the whole time.

I've replaced it with Samsung Pro Endurance 128Gb (I bought a spare as well) and fine tuned parking mode motion sensitivity down to 3 from 5 and cut all zones except the bottom row front and back. Will see how it goes.

Ouch, buying the unit from BlackVue with the 128GB SD card is $pendy. An extra $111.00 for their SD card if robbery at today's prices.
For new people coming in, I'd recommend they buy the 16GB version and then order the SD card shown above separately. In the end, they'll get 128GB of storage, but save about $75.00 in the process.

Back