128GB thinkware sd card

tabetha

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As thinkware now advertise the F800 as being able to use 128GB sd card, does this mean ANY brand of card as thinkware don't list a 128GB card themselves ?
If this is the case that it is not "uber fussy" about card brand like the F770, will they fix the software via update for the F770 to enable this 128Gb card usage also ?
Your thoughts very much appreciated maddog1974, thanks
regards chris

It seems F800 "Pro" supports 128GB officially, however F770 and F800 can also take that. My local agent told Stronium is the best compatible brand they tried. However this cam is only out for weeks and there won't have many people tried, so better wait for others comments (PS: I am using Transcend 64GB 300x from my old F750).

Thinkware is not advertising the F800 as been capable of handling 128GB. They're advertising the F800 Pro with that size card.
And I'm brand new to dash cams.. but I do tend to do my homework. Amd thinkware is trying to act like apple... all secretive and sh&$.
I feel the cams are going to remain picky on what card they'll take. Is a business decision. They are trying to make money every way they can.. so yes.. they are going to keep us locked to their own cards.
The 800 pro is only listed on their main site.
Www.thinkware.com make sure your browser doesn't redirect you to your local thinkware site..
I'm just curious.. if is going to take them another year for the firmware update.

The F800 PRO is still a F800

From the comparison sheet i've seen the F800 (Dark brown goldy colour) will only take a 64GB card but the F800 Pro takes a 128GB card. We are still awaiting delivery of 128gb Thinkware cards. I haven't tried any other cards in my F800 Pro yet apart from the Samsung Evo Plus 128gb card that i purchased a year or so ago (I've read these no longer work as the internals changed?) that was working fine in the F770.

I strongly suspect the camera will be fussy with memory cards as before. I really don't think it's a business decision though as they didn't want to make the cameras 128gb compatible! It's only through re sellers like us that have been moaning that they need too! My personal opinion is it's a good choice to have a Thinkware card in the cameras as they are very reliable. You wouldn't by a Top of the range Mercedes and then put a Smart Car engine under the bonnet!!

From the comparison sheet i've seen the F800 (Dark brown goldy colour) will only take a 64GB card but the F800 Pro takes a 128GB card. We are still awaiting delivery of 128gb Thinkware cards. I haven't tried any other cards in my F800 Pro yet apart from the Samsung Evo Plus 128gb card that i purchased a year or so ago (I've read these no longer work as the internals changed?) that was working fine in the F770.

I strongly suspect the camera will be fussy with memory cards as before. I really don't think it's a business decision though as they didn't want to make the cameras 128gb compatible! It's only through re sellers like us that have been moaning that they need too! My personal opinion is it's a good choice to have a Thinkware card in the cameras as they are very reliable. You wouldn't by a Top of the range Mercedes and then put a Smart Car engine under the bonnet!!

there's a valid business case for locking the cameras down to only using their branded cards, it can reduce a lot of support issues as there are so many sub par cards in the market and consumers tend to want to save money where they can (human nature) and often make poor choices as they don't understand the difference when all the cards look the same, have no moving parts etc then turn around and blame the camera when things don't work as expected

I think the major objection people have had with this is that they have been charging a large premium for their own branded cards, the gap is not as bad as previous as current memory shortages mean that good quality cards are quite expensive right now but I think they'd have much greater acceptance of the need to use their cards if they were kept closer to market prices, you can't tell Korean's how to do business so don't expect this will change anytime soon, would be a lot more palatable for the consumer though

As thinkware now advertise the F800 as being able to use 128GB sd card, does this mean ANY brand of card as thinkware don't list a 128GB card themselves ?
If this is the case that it is not "uber fussy" about card brand like the F770, will they fix the software via update for the F770 to enable this 128Gb card usage also ?
Your thoughts very much appreciated maddog1974, thanks
regards chris

Hi Tabetha.
I think I responded to your 128gb card issue in another post, just to confirm I have two 128gb cards the same as I quoted and have no issues, with a comment by Gill regard a 64gb card and recording times, it suggests and confirms I get the full advantage of the 128gb card in my F770.
I always format it in the camera.

Max.

So, is there any options for us with the pro version of F800? I would like to run 128gb since i have front and rear and by the time my 10 hour shift at work things are overwritten. Advise please. Thank you

I tried to Lexar 633X 128GB last only 2 days memory error on F800 Pro. replace it with Sandisk Extrem Pro 128GB no problem yet in last 36hrs. Crossing Finger if other issue might in next few days. Ill keep updating timetime if issue with 128GB on F800 Pro. Not F800.....

I tried to Lexar 633X 128GB last only 2 days memory error on F800 Pro. replace it with Sandisk Extrem Pro 128GB no problem yet in last 36hrs. Crossing Finger if other issue might in next few days. Ill keep updating timetime if issue with 128GB on F800 Pro. Not F800.....

Hello, may I ask
Is Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB still working?

Hello, may I ask
Is Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB still working?
Both lexar for dr560s and sandisk extreme pro for f800 working perfectly no issue last few days and very stable...

I can confidently state both my 128gb Sandisk cards have worked faultlessly sine March2017.

Max.

I can confidently state both my 128gb Sandisk cards have worked faultlessly sine March2017.

Max.

Hi Max,
Will the Sandisk 128GB model which one? ultra or extreme or extreme pro?
thank you.

Last edited:
Report to everyone
My F800 PRO, using this Sandisk 128G works fine
Thank you for providing me with information
1506_1_640.png

Touch wood my 128 SD Lexar 633x micro SD card (Made in Korea) have been in service for 1 week and no issues so far.

Good evening all, I have a F800 pro installed in my car and have today purchased the Sandisk Extreme 128gb SD card as detailed as working earlier in the thread.

33431-27d3f24045924c34d420735f86f4a581.jpg

The camera appears to be functioning correctly however the video is recording just as a black image for both front and rear camera's, the same issue is observed if viewed in live view on the mobile phone. I have formatted the SD card in situ in the camera but still have the black video recording.

Does the SD card need to be formatted in a laptop prior to use in the camera?

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks

Benchy

I can't think of any other explanation other than you have a faulty camera there, very rare indeed! If there was any form of card problem it should verbally tell you. I would just unplug the rear camera and see if the front works ok independently. Also do you have the original card available just to rule that out? You don't need to do anything with it, just pop it in....

Day 2 w/ Sandisk extreme 128 GB on a NON pro F800. So far it’s running good. I’ll wait till it overwrites later this week before I give my verdict :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back