12V Circuit Tester Recommendation?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
In preparation for my 2019 Mazda3 A129 install, I want to purchase a 12V circuit tester so I can easily locate the circuits I need to fusetap into. The biggest complaint with the simple 12V circuit testers is that the bulb is not bright enough. Some people have also recommended an LCD Digital Circuit Tester like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01GOJC91I I don't mind spending a little more money if it's a decent tester.

What brand/model do you guys recommend?

Какую марку / модель вы, ребята, рекомендуете?

Probably all the better to use the cheapest multimeter, for example such: DT-830B Mini Type Multifunctional Handheld Digital Multimeter Black. It will be much better and safer for the electronic systems of the car, you can also see the voltage level in your measurements. I also use a similar one when I don’t need high precision measurements.
PS: If you are willing to spend some more, you can buy a more convenient and compact
Sealey MM18

You can get a multimeter for free with coupon or buy the same for a few bucks at Harbor Freight. Muiltimeter is batter than a test light IMO.

You can get a multimeter for free with coupon or buy the same for a few bucks at Harbor Freight. Muiltimeter is batter than a test light IMO.

I have a few of these and they have all been accurate enough for all but the most precision uses (or they didn't work at all from the start). I do recommend changing the battery in them as they are supplied with cheap cells which don't last too long. A bargain even at the full retail price and just too handy to not have in your toolbox :cool:

Phil

I've been getting their free moving blankets lately to line my trunk. The cheap batteries they give out are also OK. Use them to power computer mouse etc.

Back