1440p Dash Cam

theguy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all,

I've been doing some research and so found two. The Yi Ultra Dask Cam

and the VIOFO A119I keep hearing about.

I was hoping that there were more options out there that were from reputable companies. Not too many 1440p's out there which is a good thing for me because it makes research and comparing a whole easier.

I've seen a few on Amazon but they all seem like they're from no name companies or some cheap clones from China.

What I'm looking for in a dash cam is pretty much everything that the Yi has. The only thing missing is the parking mode.

I don't care about GPS, speed tracking, lane departure or any other safety features like that. Also I dislike the rearview mirror models.

I don't think there's too many 1440p dash cams out there yet since 1080p is still so common and the mainstream market hasn't asked for higher demands as of yet.

Thanks a lot.

I had an Aukey DR01 (1080) for a bit over a year and was pleased with it, never an issue. Based on that I tried the new Aukey DR02J which is 1440. They claim it’s 4k but it’s bs like many of the aprox. $100 ‘4k’ dashcams on Amazon. I had two bad units back to back concerning the DR02J.

Fast forward a few weeks back I got an A119 V2 on an Amazon lightning deal. Very happy with it, good quality thus far. The price with the lightning deal was under $70 for a cam that has been thoroughly put through its paces especially on here.

Hmm. I'll have to check those out. Yeah any dash cam advertising 4k is always going to be BS since no dash cam can get to 2160p yet. I think 1440p is the real maximum for any dash cam on the market right now.

Edit: I somewhat take back what I said. There are 4k dash cams on the market but they're like $ 300-$400

Last edited:
Hmm. I'll have to check those out. Yeah any dash cam advertising 4k is always going to be BS since no dash cam can get to 2160p yet. I think 1440p is the real maximum for any dash cam on the market right now.

Edit: I somewhat take back what I said. There are 4k dash cams on the market but they're like $ 300-$400

Yeah, BlackBoxMyCar has the Blackvue DR900S available for pre order in both the 1ch and 2ch version. It is true 4k but you certainly pay up to be one of the first with a 4k dashcam.

1 channel: https://www.blackboxmycar.com/colle...-dr900s-1ch-4k-dash-cam?variant=7380271005751

2 channel: https://www.blackboxmycar.com/colle...-dr900s-2ch-4k-dash-cam?variant=7378306236471

Back